Introduction on Bharti Axa car insurance
Bharti Axa car insurance is an insurance type in Bharti AXA General Insurance. Bharti AXA General Insurance is a joint venture between the Bharti Group of India and the Axa Group which is an insurance and wealth management expert world over. Bharti Axa car insurance gives you surety to get secured on roads by taking Bharti Axa car insurance plans. It will help you every time whenever you are in trouble. Bharti Axa car insurance plan provides protection to your vehicle from all of the sudden tragedies that may harm your financial stability at any point of time and that is the point where car insurance policies like Bharti AXA car policy comes in.
Bharti Axa car insurance plans offer wide range of plans which provides safety coverage to your vehicles. It depends upon the type of vehicle that you own. Bharti Axa car insurance plan primarily covers you against legal problems, damages and unexpected repairs.
Legal problem can be of two types.
- First is when a bodily injury has been caused to a third person.
- Second is where the property of a third person and own car is involved.
Key features and benefits of Bharti Axa car insurance
- Enjoy servicing at more than 2,000 cashless network garages across India.
- Bharti Axa car insurance provides 24×7 claim assistance.
- Easy claim settlement process for Bharti Axa car insurance.
- No Claims Bonus (NCB) up to 50% on car insurance renewal from Bharti AXA or other insurer.
- A package of Add-on covers to help you provide complete protection during problem.
Coverage under Bharti Axa car insurance
- Any damage or loss to your car caused due to
- Earthquake, flood, Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, typhoon, hurricane, storm, Thunder storm, cyclone, frost, landslide and rock slide.
- Accident, Terrorism, Riots and Strikes.
- Accident by external means.
- Transit by road, rail, inland waterways, air or lift.
- Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver
Compensation will be given for the death of driver and passengers due to a violent accident while travelling in the vehicle or getting into or getting down from the vehicle
- Legal troubles due to third Party Bodily Injury
Bharti AXA General Insurance will take care of the compensation for damages or legal issues that causes bodily injury or death to another person by a car accident.
- Property Damage Legal problems
Bharti AXA General Insurance will take care of the Compensation for damage or liability to other’s property(third party property), subject to the limits mentioned in the policy.
Add on Covers under Bharti Axa car insurance
- Depreciation cover
- Invoice policy cover
Personal Accident cover
- Hospital cash
- For all rubber/nylon/plastic parts, tyres, tubes, batteries and air bags – 50%
- For fiberglass components – 30%
- For all parts made of glass – Nil
- Rate of depreciation for all other parts including wooden parts will be as per the following table.
|Age of the Vehicle||% Of Depreciation|
|Not exceeding 6 months||Nil|
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year||5%|
|Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years||10%|
|Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years||15%|
|Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years||25%|
|Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years||35%|
|Exceeding 5 years but not exceeding 10 years||40%|
|Exceeding 10 years||50%|
The IDV (Insured Declared Value)of the vehicle (and accessories if any fitted to the vehicle) is to be fixed on the basis of the manufacturer’s listed selling price of the brand and model as the vehicle insured at the commencement of insurance/renewal and adjusted for depreciation.
|Age of the Vehicle||% Of Depreciation for fixing IDV|
|Not exceeding 6 months||5%|
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year||15%|
|Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years||20%|
|Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years||30%|
|Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years||40%|
|Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 6 years||50%|
- In the event of total loss Bharti Axa car insurance would reimburse the declared value of the vehicle + registration + road tax + insurance. For more information regarding Income Tax Benefits, visit www.taxqueries.in.
- Vehicle covered up to 2 years from the date of registration.
- Up to Rs. 10,000 cover available for you and passengers travelling in insured car.
- Treatment includes physical injury caused by accident.
- Medical expenses can be reimbursed per insured person up to the limit.
Personal Accident cover:
- Capital sum insured limited to maximum of Rs. 1 lakh per person.
- Permanent total disability.
- Permanent partial disability.
- Accidental Death.
- Capital sum insured limited to maximum of Rs. 1 lakh per person
- Permanent total disability.
- Permanent partial disability.
- Accidental Death.
Factors Not covered under Bharti AXA car insurance.
- Wear and tear of the vehicle which is common.
- Damage or Loss due to depreciation of vehicle.
- Breakdown due to Electrical & mechanical issues.
- Loss or damage incurred outside the geographical area of India.
- Damage or Loss caused when driving under intoxication (drugs, alcohol).
- Damage or Loss caused by an unauthorized person without a valid driving license.
- Loss or damage due to nuclear risks.
Documents Required to buy Bharti Axa car insurance policy
- Registration no
- Engine no
- Chassis no
- Previous policy number if you are holding any
- Month and year of vehicle manufacture,
- Date and city of purchase,
- Your address,
- Phone no and email id.
- Keep your RC copy by hand.
Claim settlement procedure for Bharti Axa car insurance
Intimate your claim by calling bharti axa car insurance customer care 080 – 49123900 or emailing – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide the following details when you call customer care to intimate about claim.
- Your Contact number
- Policy number / Cover note no. or Vehicle no., Chassis no and Engine no.
- Date & Time of loss
- Loss location
- Nature & extent of loss
- Nature of injury if any
Bharti Axa customer service center will register the claim and provide you the claim registration number for all future references.
Send your vehicle to the workshop for repair. A detailed survey will be done on the accident and the surveyor will authorize the workshop to begin the repairing work .
He will also provide you the information that, whether the claim will be settled on cashless mode or reimbursement mode depending upon your case.
Workshop will carry on the repairs and inform the surveyor after completion.
Car will come to you, then you need to give confirmation weather the car repaired is satisfactory or not.
Documents required for Bharti Axa car insurance claim settlement
- Claim form completely filled with signature of insured person.
- Original and Self attested photocopy of RC book for verification.
- Original and Self attested photocopy of license for verification.
- Police FIR (In case of Third Party property damage /Death / Body Injury)
- Estimate for repairs from the repairer where the vehicle is to be repaired
- Repair Bills and payment receipts.
- Claims Discharge Cum Satisfaction Voucher if you have availed cashless facility at Bharti AXA preferred garages.
Frequently Asked Questions in Bharti Axa car insurance
- What is cover note?
Ans. It is a temporary insurance document that acts as a proof of insurance for the registration of your vehicle. Cover note is replaced by an insurance policy and is valid for only 60 days.
- Can I pay car insurance premium in instalments?
Ans. As per section VB64 of Insurance Act, 1938, no risk can be resumed unless premium is received in advance. Hence, full car insurance premium needs to be collected before the start of policy.
- What is an endorsement?
Ans. An endorsement is a written evidence of an agreed change in the policy. It is a document that incorporates changes in the terms of the policy.
- Is my No Claim Bonus (NCB) transferable?
Ans. Yes, in case you are changing from any other insurance company to Bharti AXA GIC Ltd. and have accumulated some NCB from them, you can get the same amount transferred in case your car is insured within 90 days of your renewal due date.
- What is Personal Accident cover for family/passenger?
Ans. Personal Accident Insurance for Family/ Passenger covers monetary payouts towards injuries sustained by people/ passenger travelling in the car due to accident resulting in death or disablement. This add-on covers:
- Capital Sum Insured limited to maximum of Rs. 2 lakhs per person
- Permanent total disablement
- Permanent partial disablement
- Accidental Death
- In case a person takes out a policy on a private car and later uses the car for commercial purposes, will the vehicle be covered?
Ans. No, since the insurance covers the car only for private use and not commercial purpose.
- What is break-in-insurance? What should I do if I have a break-in-insurance?
Ans. Break-in-insurance is when the policy lapses due to non-renewal on time. Indian law makes it compulsory to have car insurance with third party insurance at all times.
In case of break in your car insurance, you can get in touch with our customer support at 080-49123900 to renew policy if it has been less than 90 days so that you may be able to retain your No Claim Bonus.
- What is Cashless Claim and Reimbursement claim?
Ans. In case of cashless claim, you can avail cashless facility for your vehicle at our 2000+ network garages where we will settle the claim directly with the garage.
If you repair your vehicle at a garage of your choice. You can claim reimbursement for the same, once repairs are complete. The claim amount would be reimbursed to you within 7 working days on submission of repair bills and/or other requisite documents.
- How long it takes in claim processing?
Ans. The duration may vary from one insurer to the other. It also depends on the submission of documents and type of loss or damage. It would take a minimum of 7 days to a maximum of 15 days if the process flows unhindered.
- What is Zero depreciation cover?
Ans. A zero depreciation cover policy calculates the claim amount not on the depreciated value but on the present market value. This makes it possible for the insured to get the damaged parts replaced with the new parts without having to expend out of his pocket.