- 1 Introduction on Bharti Axa Two wheeler insurance
- 2 Key features and benefits of Bharti Axa Two wheeler insurance
- 3 3 types of Bharti AXA two wheeler Insurance covers:
- 4 Coverage under Bharti Axa Two wheeler Insurance
- 5 Depreciation cover under Bharti AXA two wheeler Insurance
- 6 Not covered under Bharti AXA Two wheeler insurance.
- 7 Documents Required to buy Bharti AXA two wheeler Insurance
- 8 Claim settlement procedure for Bharti AXA Two wheeler insurance
- 9 Documents required for claim settlement in Bharti AXA Two wheeler insurance
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions on Bharti AXA two wheeler Insurance
- 11 Bharti AXA Two Wheeler policy documents and forms
- 12 About Bharti Axa Personal Accident
- 13 About Bharti Axa car insurance
Introduction on Bharti Axa Two wheeler insurance
Bharti Axa Two wheeler insurance plan is an insurance plan of Bharti AXA General Insurance. Bharti AXA General Insurance is a joint venture between the Bharti Group of India and the Axa Group which is an insurance and wealth management expert all over the world. In this venture, the Bharti group holds 74% stake with the balance 26% being held by Axa. With Bharti Axa Two wheeler insurance plan you can enjoy a carefree bike ride without the worry of theft, accident and legal problems.
Bharti Axa Two wheeler insurance plan provides protection to your vehicle from all of the sudden tragedies that may harm your financial stability at any point of time and that is the point where Two wheeler insurance policies like Bharti AXA Two wheeler policy comes in.
Bharti Axa Two wheeler insurance plan primarily covers you against legal problems, damages and unexpected repairs.
Legal problem can be of two types.
- First is when a bodily injury has been caused to a third person.
- Second is where the property of a third person and own Two wheeler is involved.
Key features and benefits of Bharti Axa Two wheeler insurance
- Enjoy servicing at 2,000+ cashless network garages across India.
- Bharti AXA two wheeler Insurance provides 24×7 claim assistance.
- Easy claim settlement process for Bharti AXA two wheeler Insurance.
- No Claims Bonus (NCB) up to 50% on Two wheeler insurance renewal from Bharti AXA or other insurer.
3 types of Bharti AXA two wheeler Insurance covers:
- Third Party Liability covers the insured against damage caused by him/her to a person/property.
- Collision Insurance covers the insured against damage to his/her own vehicle caused by an accident.
- Comprehensive Insurance protects the insured against damage caused by natural/man- made calamities, collision and theft as well as damage caused by the insured to a third party. It includes a personal accident cover too.
Coverage under Bharti Axa Two wheeler Insurance
- Any damage or loss to your Two wheeler caused due to
- Earthquake,flood,Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, typhoon, hurricane, storm, Thunder storm, cyclone, frost, landslide and rock slide.
- Accident, Terrorism, Riots and Strikes.
- Accident by external means.
- Transit by road, rail, inland waterways, air or lift.
- Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver
Compensation will be given for the death of driver and passengers due to a violent accident while travelling in the vehicle and while getting into or getting down from the vehicle.
- Legal troubles due to third Party Bodily Injury
Bharti AXA two wheeler Insurance plan will take care of the compensation for damages or legal issues that causes bodily injury or death to another person by a Two wheeler accident.
- Property Damage Legal problems
Compensation for damage or liability to other’s property(third party property) will be taken care by Bharti AXA Two wheeler Insurance plan, subject to the limits mentioned in the policy.
Depreciation cover under Bharti AXA two wheeler Insurance
Subject to the deduction for depreciation, the rates are mentioned below in respect of parts replaced;
- For all rubber/nylon/plastic parts,tyres,tubes,batteries and air bags – 50%
- For fiberglass components – 30%
- For all parts made of glass – Nil
- Rate of depreciation for all other parts including wooden parts will be as per the following table.
|Age of the Vehicle||% Of Depreciation Deducted|
|Not exceeding 6 months||Nil|
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year||5%|
|Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years||10%|
|Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years||15%|
|Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years||25%|
|Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years||35%|
|Exceeding 5 years but not exceeding 10 years||40%|
|Exceeding 10 years||50%|
The IDV (Insured Declared Value)of the vehicle (and accessories if any fitted to the vehicle) is to be fixed on the basis of the manufacturer’s listed selling price of the brand and model as the vehicle insured at the commencement of insurance/renewal and adjusted for depreciation.
|Age of the Vehicle||% Of Depreciation for fixing IDV|
|Not exceeding 6 months||5%|
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year||15%|
|Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years||20%|
|Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years||30%|
|Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years||40%|
|Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years||50%|
Not covered under Bharti AXA Two wheeler insurance.
- Wear and tear of the vehicle which is common.
- Damage or Loss due to depreciation of vehicle.
- Breakdown due to Electrical & mechanical issues.
- Failure or breakage.
- Loss or damage incurred outside the geographical area of India.
- Damage or Loss caused when driving under intoxication (drugs, alcohol).
- Damage or Loss caused by an unauthorized person without a valid driving license.
- Loss or damage due to nuclear risks.
- Loss or damage caused due to overloading or usage crossing the limitation.
Documents Required to buy Bharti AXA two wheeler Insurance
- Registration no.
- Engine no.
- Chassis no.
- Previous policy number if you are holding any.
- Month and year of vehicle manufacture,
- Date and city of purchase,
- Your address,
- Phone no and email id.
- Keep your RC copy by hand.
Claim settlement procedure for Bharti AXA Two wheeler insurance
Intimate your claim by calling – 080 – 49123900 or emailing – [email protected]
Please provide the following details when you call customer care to intimate about claim.
- Your Contact number
- Policy number / Cover note no. or Vehicle no, Chassis no and Engine no.
- Date & Time of loss
- Loss location
- Nature & extent of loss
- Nature of injury if any
Bharti Axa customer service center will register the claim and provide you the claim registration number for all future references.
Send your vehicle to the workshop for repair. A detailed survey will be done on the accident and the surveyor will authorize the workshop to begin the repairing work.
He will also provide you the information that, whether the claim will be settled on cashless mode or reimbursement mode depending upon your case.
Workshop will take care on the repairs and inform the surveyor after completion.
If you have availed the services from any of our preferred garages where Bharati AXA have a tie-up, we will settle the claim directly with the garage. All that you need to pay is the amount that is not recoverable under the policy.
Your two wheeler will come to you then you need to give confirmation weather the Two wheeler repaired is satisfactory or not.
Documents required for claim settlement in Bharti AXA Two wheeler insurance
- Claim form completely filled with signature of insured person.
- Original and Self attested photocopy of RC book for verification.
- Original and Self attested photocopy of license for verification.
- Police FIR ( In case of Third Party property damage /Death / Body Injury)
- Take the vehicle to the preferred garages along with the required documents.
- Estimation for repairs from the repairer where the vehicle is to be repaired
- Repair Bills and payment receipts.
- Claims Discharge Cum Satisfaction Voucher if you have availed cashless facility at Bharti AXA preferred garage.
Frequently Asked Questions on Bharti AXA two wheeler Insurance
- What are the benefits of buying two wheeler insurance online?
Ans. The online advantage enables you to buy the policy through web instantly, save time and save money. You can calculate your two wheeler insurance premium online and buy with the same quote within seven days. You can enjoy hassle free buying without any paperwork. You can buy Bharti AXA two wheeler insurance policy online using credit card or net banking.
- What are the discounts allowed under Bharti AXA two wheeler insurance?
Ans. The discounts are on No Claim Bonus offered on two wheeler insurance.
- Can I get my money/unused premium refunded?
Ans. Refund is possible only when the policy is cancelled. The refund essentially depends upon the company and would be on short rate period. You must check the short rate calculations before cancelling his policy. You need to provide alternate copy of policy covering TP risks to cancel the policy.
- Can I renew my existing Bharti AXA policy or renew other insurer’s policy online?
Ans. Yes. You can renew your expiring policy online from www.bharti-axagi.co.in providing minimum details. Also enjoy the benefit of transferring up to 50% of no claim bonus earned by you.
5. What factors affect my two wheeler insurance premium?
Ans. There are a numerous factors determining motorcycle insurance premium.
- Make, model and variant of the motorcycle
- Type and degree of coverage
- Insured Declared Value
- Age and gender
- Driving history
- Claiming history
- Anti-theft device
6. How to save on the premium?
Ans. If the insured decreases Insured Declared Value (IDV) of his bike voluntarily, the premium payable is decreased. Going for voluntary excess also lowers down the premium. A biker can also save on his premium by getting his bike installed with an anti-theft device. One should always try getting and comparing quotes online to save on premium.
7. What are the common mistakes to avoid while buying two wheeler insurance?
Ans. One mistake that most people make while buying bike insurance is lack of insurance information. Comparing quotes online is a great way to save on premium. Not doing it surely a mistake.
8. What if someone else was driving the two wheeler when accident happened?
Ans. The insurance company will be liable to pay for the loss as long as the person has a valid driving license and he is not under the influence of drugs/alcohol.