- 1 Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Introduction
- 2 Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance key features
- 3 Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Terms and conditions
- 4 Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Benefits
- 5 Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance policy cover
- 6 Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Claim procedure
- 7 Domestic Travel Insurance Online
- 8 Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Exclusions and Inclusions
- 9 Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Customer Care
- 10 Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance FAQs
- 11 Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Forms and Documents
- 12 About Apollo Munich Senior Citizen Travel Insurance
- 13 About Apollo Munich Easy Travel Insurance-Individual
- 14 About Apollo Munich Easy Travel Insurance-Family
Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Introduction
Apollo munich domestic travel insurance is mainly designed for the people who are traveling for business or leisure. There are many unforeseen circumstances that may force you to return home early, cancel your trip or seek accidental medical emergency treatment. Easy Domestic Travel Insurance has been especially designed to protect you from the risks.
Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance key features
- Lost luggage assistance.
- Pre-trip information service provides you important up-to-date travel and health information.
- Referral of medical service providers and hospitals across India.
- 24×7 access to medical advice on telephone from anywhere in India.
- Reimbursement of medical expenses incurred during hospitalization (where ever possible).
- Arrangement of compassionate visit / emergency evacuation / repatriation/ repatriation of mortal remains.
- No medical tests required up to 70 years of age
- Specific plans for different cities/ destinations within India
Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Terms and conditions
Apollo munich domestic travel insurance has some terms and conditions when you take the policy the terms and conditions will be clearly mentioned in the policy.
Apollo munich domestic travel insurance terms and conditions are:
1. The Insured Person must provide Us with written confirmation from the Carrier of the length and exact nature of the delay.
2. If the Insured Person dies as a result of the Accident within 365 days of its occurrence, then company will make payment of the Sum Insured less any sum paid for the permanent impairment, and any sum that was due to be paid for the permanent impairment shall not be paid.
3. Company will only make payment to an Insured Person who will be deemed to be authorised by You to receive the concerned payment. If the Insured Person has died, company will only make payment to:
i. The Nominee (as named in the Certificate of Insurance)
ii. The Insured Person’s, legal heirs if no nominee has been appointed, or if the nominee has died.
4. All payments under this Policy will be in Indian Rupees only.
5. Company shall make the payment of claim that has been admitted as payable by them under the Policy terms and conditions within 30 days of submission of all necessary documents / information and any other additional information required for the settlement of the claim.
Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Benefits
|Accident: Medical Treatment, Assistance & Evacuation:
|Personal Accident [24 hours]:
|Trip Cancellation: If an Insured Person’s outward journey as shown on his original travel booking and ticket on a Carrier is unavoidably cancelled because of:
|Flight Delay: Company will reimburse up to the Flight Delay Sum Insured for those expenses incurred by the Insured Person for meals and accommodation provided that neither meals nor accommodation were offered by the Carrier or any other person without charge:
|Total Loss of Checked-in Baggage: Company will pay the amount required to purchase new items of the same kind and
quality less the amount representing the condition and reasonable depreciation of the articles lost, provided that:
|Rs. 7,500||10% Per Article/ 50% Per Bag|
|Emergency Travel:Company will reimburse the actual cost of an economy return airfare for one Immediate
Family Member to travel to the Insured Person’s place of hospitalization subject to
the Emergency Travel Sum Insured, provided that:
|Emergency Hotel:Company will reimburse the reasonable costs of accommodation (boarding and lodging),
of the Immediate Family Member subject to the Emergency Hotel Sum Insured,
Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance policy cover
|Benefit||Coverage||Does not cover|
|Accident: Medical Treatment, Assistance & Evacuation||Reimbursement up to Rs 100,000 for Medical expenses incurred for Hospitalization or outpatient treatment by an Insured Person due to an accident during the risk period.||• Treatment of any illness even if caused by Accident, unless necessitated to maintain life and relieve pain.• Treatment which is not medically necessary• Dental treatment unless necessitate by an Accident|
|Total Loss of Checked-in Baggage||Reimbursement up to Rs 10,000 for expenses incurred to purchase new similar quality items in an event of total loss of checked-in baggage while travelling by a Carrier.Maximum reimbursement for any one item within one piece of baggage will be 10% of the Sum Insured. If the Insured Person has checked in more than one item of baggage, then maximum reimbursement for all items within one piece of baggage will be 50% of the Sum Insured.||• Valuables, money, any kind of securities• Any partial loss or not amounting to total loss
• Any claim not supported by a written confirmation from the competent airline authority confirming baggage lost was checked in.
|Delay of Checked-inBaggage||Reimbursement up to Rs 5,000 for purchasing essential personal items of medication, toiletries or clothing in an event of delay of accompanying checked-in baggage while travelling by a Carrier.||• Any delay which is of less than 12 hours• Delay on return to the usual place of residence• Destinations not mentioned on travel tickets
• Any claim not supported by a written confirmation from the competent airline authority confirming delay of checked in baggage.
|Personal Liability||Indemnification up to Rs 100,000 against actual legal liability (including defence costs) to pay damages for negligence which results from a third-party civil claim made for third-party death, bodily injury or property damage.||• Legal liability other than third-party civil claim• Transmission of an illness• Deliberate, willful, malicious or unlawful act or omission|
|Personal Accident [24 hours]||Lumpsum benefit up to Rs 750,000 hedging against risk of permanent total disablement or death of the Insured Person in an event of an accident during risk period.||• Bacterial infection other than (pyogenic infection which occurs due to Accident )• Medical or surgical treatment except as an result of Accident|
|Flight delay||Reimbursement up to Rs 2,000 for expenses incurred by the Insured Person for meals and accommodation due to delay in flight for a continuous and completed 6 hour period beyond its scheduled departure or scheduled arrival time, provided that the delay is due to severe weather conditions, strike or industrial action of the airline employees and due to unforeseen breakdown of Carrier’s equipment||• Any delay which is of less than continuous and completed 6 hours• Any claim not supported by a written confirmation from the competent airline authority confirming reason and duration of said delay.• Voluntary suspension of services by Carrier|
|Trip Cancellation||Reimbursement up to Rs 20,000 for travel and accommodation expenses that the Insured Person has paid and cannot recover, if outward journey is cancelled due to death or hospitalization of Insured Person or Insured Person’s immediate family member||• Any charges that could have been avoided but were incurred because of any delay in cancelling travel or accommodation.• Facts or matters of which was aware or ought to be aware which may result in a cancellation while booking the ticket|
|Trip Curtailment||Reimbursement up to Rs 20,000 for travel and accommodation expenses that the Insured Person has paid and cannot recover, if the trip is unavoidably curtailed during the Risk period due to death or Hospitalization of insured Person or Insured Person’s immediate family member.||• Any charges that could have been avoided but were incurred because of any delay in cancelling travel or accommodation.• Facts or matters of which was aware or ought to be aware which may result in a cancellation while booking the ticket|
|Emergency Travel||Reimbursement of return economy class airfare up to Rs 10,000 for one immediate family member in case of accidental hospitalization of insured person for more than 7 consecutive days||• Hospitalisation less than 7 consecutive days• Immediate family member does not reside in India|
|Emergency Hotel||Reimbursement up to Rs 10,000 of costs for accommodation (boarding and lodging) for an immediate family member in case of accidental hospitalization of insured person for more than 7 consecutive days.||• Hospitalisation less than 7 consecutive days• Immediate family member does not reside in India|
Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Claim procedure
In case of a claim:
1. The Insured first needs to contact Apollo Munich Health and register his claim immediately.
2. Please collect all the essential claim documents as mentioned in the claim form and the procedure sent by Apollo Munich Health on intimation.
3. Fill up the claim form completely with the signature of the claimant.
4. Claim form along with all essential claim documents in original needs to be submitted within 30 days of the occurrence of the incident.
- Your contact details
- Name of the Insured
- Policy number
- Date and time of problem
- Nature of problem
- Location of problem
You have to report your claim to Assistance:
- Please call on the below mentioned number for any assistance or registration of claims
- Customer Service(Toll Free No.): 1800-102-0333 (24 X 7)
- Fax: 0124-4584111.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apollo Munich Health will provide the required assistance and send the claim form and explain the complete claim procedure.
Submit your claim to the claim department:
- Travel Claims Department,
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Limited.
2nd & 3rd Floor, iLABS Centre, Plot No. 404-405,
Udyog Vihar, Phase-III, Gurgaon-122016, Haryana.
- Toll Free No.: 1800-102-0333
Domestic Travel Insurance Online
Apollo munich domestic travel insurance is also available on online you can also buy this policy through online and you can done your payments in online also.
Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Exclusions and Inclusions
Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance Customer Care
Phone: +91-124-4584333 Fax: +91-124-4584111
Sales Toll Free: 1800-103-0555 Support
Toll Free: 1800-102-0333.
Apollo Munich Domestic Travel Insurance FAQs
1.How to change the policy?
A.Apollo munich domestic travel insurance Policy constitutes the complete contract of insurance. This master Policy cannot be changed or varied by anyone(including an insurance agent or broker) except Us, and any change We make will be evidenced by a written endorsement signed and stamped by Us.
2.what is meant by deductible?
A.Deductible is a cost-sharing requirement under a health insurance policy that provides that the insurer will not be liable for a specified rupee amount in case of indemnity policies and for a specified number of days/hours in case of hospital cash policies which will apply before any benefits are payable by the insurer. A deductible does not reduce the Sum Insured.
3.What is meant by termination?
A. You (MakeMyTrip) may terminate this master Policy at any time by giving us written notice, and the master Policy shall terminate when such written notice is received by Us. If no claim has been made under the master Policy then We will refund premium in accordance with the table below:
Length of time Policy in force Refund of premium:
- up to 1 month 75%
- up to 3 months 50%
- up to 6 months 25%
- exceeding 6 months 0%
We may terminate this master Policy on grounds of misrepresentation,fraud, non-disclosure of material facts or non-cooperation by You or any Insured Person or anyone acting on Your behalf or on behalf of an Insured
Person upon 30 days notice by sending an endorsement to Your address shown in the Schedule, and We shall refund a rateable proportion of the premium as long as no claim has been made under the master Policy.
4.What happen if the Apollo munich domestic travel insurance policy cancelled?
A. If the master Policy is cancelled, then each Certificate of Insurance which is already in force under the master Policy will continue in force until the end of the Risk Period.
5.How can you Renewal the policy?
- The amount paid for any Certificate of Insurance will be non-refundable.
- Company shall be entitled to call for and receive any information or documentation before agreeing to renew the master Policy,and in renewing company are not bound to renew for all Insured Persons.
- No renewal or extension of the Certificate of Insurance will be permitted. After the commencement of the Risk Period, the amount paid for the Certificate of Insurance will be non-refundable.
- For more information regarding Tax Benefits, visit www.taxqueries.in.