- 1 Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- 2 Introduction on Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- 3 Key Features and benefits of Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- 4 Factors covered under Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- 5 Factors not covered under Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- 6 Documents Required to buy a Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- 7 Procedure for Claim settlement in Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- 8 Steps to be Followed in case of an accident:-
- 9 Steps to be Followed in case of third party injury:-
- 10 Steps to be Followed in case of theft:-
- 11 Documents to be submitted while claim settlement in Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- 12 Claim for accidental damages:
- 13 Claim for theft cases:
- 14 Frequently asked questions on Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy
- 15 3. What are the documents required to buy policy online?
- 16 Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance plicy documents and forms
- 17 About Bajaj Allianz Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- 18 About Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
Introduction on Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy is a Widespread plan. Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy is to protect against the physical damage to your car, third party liabilities and injuries. Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy can also be purchased online. Choosing the right insurance policy from the hundreds of policies available can be difficult.
The best car insurance chosen should protect your vehicle from losses caused by natural and man-made calamities. It should also cover third-party liabilities. Millions of car owners trust the comprehensive Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy to protect their Costly vehicles against physical damage, personal assistance cover and third-party liability.
Bajaj Allianz car Insurance policy premium payment can be made online.
Bajaj Allianz car Insurance policy renewal payment can be made online.
Key Features and benefits of Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- Bajaj Allianz provides telephone service for claims support and other assistance including holidays.
- Easy procedure to get your Car Insurance or Car Insurance Renewal.
- Bajaj Allianz have over 1500 preferred garages for Cashless claims for accidental damages.
- For Periodical Maintenance jobs :
- 30% discount on labour charges.
- 5% discount on parts (Maruti vehicles).
- Free pick up & drop.
5. Receive 75% on account payment when cashless facility is not available.
6. From any insurance provider you can transfer up to 50% of your existing No Claim Bonus.
7. Towing Facility is available in case of breakdown/accident.
8. Policy holders can get Instant Claims Assistance and SMS updates on their motor claim status through Bajaj Allianz 24×7 call-centers.
9. High service standards of Bajaj Allianz’s preferred workshops give you access to Trouble-free inspection and repairs.
10. Bajaj Allianz provides 24*7 Spot Assistance.
11. Lock and key replacement cover. (this is for new and other company customers).
12. 0% interest EMI option available on payment through Citibank Credit Card.
Factors covered under Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- Any damage or loss to your car caused by natural disasters like: Earthquake, flood, Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, typhoon, hurricane, storm, Thunder storm, cyclone, frost, landslide and rock slide.
- Any damage or loss to your car caused by man made activities like: Theft, revolution, strike, nasty act, accident by external means, terrorist activity, any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air.
- Personal accident cover: Coverage of Rs. 1 lakh for the individual owner/driver of the car while driving or travelling. Optional personal accident covers for co-passengers available.
- Third party liability : Any accidental damage caused to the third person or surrounding properties due to accident resulting in death, permanent disability or temporary disability.
Factors not covered under Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- If the premium has not been credited to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd as per the period, loss or damage will not be covered.
- Loss or damage caused due to mechanical and electrical breakdown, including manufacturing defect.
- Damage due to improper usage.
- Damage by a person driving without valid licence.
- Loss due to depreciation on parts made of
- plastic / nylon / rubber etc – 50%.
- Fiberglass components – 30%.
- Parts made of glass – Nil.
As per Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy the rate of depreciation for all other parts will be as per the age of vehicles. IDV : Insured Declared value.
|Age of the Vehicle||% Of Depreciation For Fixing IDV|
|For Less than 6 Months||5%|
|More than 6 months and less than 1 year||15%|
|More than 1 year and less than 2 years||20%|
|More than 2 years and less than 3 years||30%|
|More than 3 years and less than 4 years||40%|
|More than 4 years and less than 5 years||50%|
- Loss or damage which is not intimated in time. Maximum within 72 hours of loss.
- Loss or damage in case the vehicle is not registered permanently.
- Minor scratches, fading, wear and tear or minor repair under routine maintenance.
- Damage to/ by a person driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs or liquor.
- Loss or damage due to war or nuclear risk.
Documents Required to buy a Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
- Registration no.
- Engine no.
- Chassis no.
- Previous policy number if you are holding any.
- Month and year of vehicle manufacture.
- Date and city of purchase.
- Your address.
- Phone no and email id.
- Keep your RC copy by hand.
Procedure for Claim settlement in Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
Steps to be Followed in case of an accident:-
- Notice of accident should be filed with the Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy insurers.
- If damage is major, the accident should be reported before the vehicle is removed from the spot. So that the Bajaj allianz insurers can arrange for spot inspection of damage.
- Call Bajaj Allianz Customer Care Number 1800-209-5858 (Toll free). The following information should be provided:
- Policy Number.
- Accident date and time.
- Description and location of the accident.
- The vehicle may then be moved to an authorized workshop, for estimation of repair charges.
- To locate the Bajaj Allianz Preferred Garage nearest to you, call: 020-66439001/2/3. These numbers are available for Monday to Friday 9.00 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday 9.00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Toll Free: 1800-22-5858 | 1800-102-5858 | 020-30305858.
- After receiving you need to submit completely filled claim form and estimation of repairs. Then the insurers will arrange detailed inspection of damage. After that cost of repairs will be determined.
- Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy status can be viewed online by using your reference number given by Bajaj Allianz customer care.
Steps to be Followed in case of third party injury:-
- Assist the injured person and shift to the nearest hospital.
- Report the matter to the nearest police station and obtain a copy of FIR.
- Do not make any promises or offer compensation to any third party who may be involved in the accident on behalf of Bajaj Allianz. Such promises are not binding on Bajaj Allianz.
- Inform third party injury or damage to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited.
Steps to be Followed in case of theft:-
- Report the claim to call centre with in 24 hours of the theft.
- File FIR with in 24 hours and obtain a copy.
- Bajaj Allianz may depute an investigator to verify facts and collect necessary documents as mentioned in the claim form.
- If the claim is admissible then Bajaj Allianz office may require documents for transferring the rights of the vehicle in the name of the company.
- You may get in touch with nearest office for details.
- The process may take a minimum of 3 months. If all the requirements are met and documents are in order including not traceable report from court / police.
Documents to be submitted while claim settlement in Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy
Claim for accidental damages:
- Proof of insurance – Policy / Cover note copy.
- Copy of Registration Book, Tax Receipt [Please submit originals for verification]. For more information regarding Tax Benefits, visit www.taxqueries.in.
- Copy of Motor Driving Licence [with original] of the person driving the vehicle at the Accident time.
- Police FIR ( In case of Third Party property damage /Death / Body Injury).
- Estimate for repairs from the repairer where the vehicle is to be repaired.
- Repair Bills and payment receipts.
- Claims Discharge Cum Satisfaction Voucher signed across a Revenue Stamp.
Claim for theft cases:
- Original Policy document.
- Original RC and Tax Payment Receipt.
- Insurance details – Policy No, insuring Office/Company, period of insurance.
- All the sets of keys/Service Booklet/Warranty Card.
- Police FIR and Final Investigation Report.
- Acknowledged copy of letter addressed to RTO intimating theft and making vehicle “NON-USE”
- Form 28, 29 and 30 signed by the insured and Form 35 signed by the Financier, as the case may be, undated and blank.
- NOC of the Financier if claim is to be settled in your favour.
- Blank and undated “Vakalatnama”(Court copy).
- Claim Discharge Voucher signed across a Revenue Stamp.
- Finally a no trace report from the police saying that the vehicle cannot be traced.
Frequently asked questions on Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy
1. Why do I need to insure my vehicle?
Ans. Vehicle Insurance is important not only to protect your vehicle, but also to save you from any financial loss caused by accidents, damage or theft of your car.
In addition, car insurance covers the safety of the co-passengers, someone else’s property, pedestrians and yourself. Also, it is mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988 to get your car insured as soon as you purchase it.
2. What are the types of Car Insurance in India?
Ans. There are two types of car insurance
- ‘Third Party Insurance’
- ‘Comprehensive Insurance’.
Third party insurance protects a policyholder against losses which arise due to bodily injury/death to a third party or any damage to its property. It is mandatory by law to have third party insurance.
Comprehensive car insurance is purchased when you want to be compensated for any damages to you, your co-passengers and your vehicle in addition to third party coverage.
3. What are the documents required to buy policy online?
Ans. You have to provide following details
A) Registration no.
B) Engine no.
C) Chassis no.
D) Previous policy number if you are holding any.
E) Month and year of vehicle manufacture.
F) Date and city of purchase.
E) Your address.
F) Phone no and email id.
G) Keep your RC copy by hand.
4. What is No Claim Bonus?
Ans. If you have not made a single claim in 12 months, you have to renew the policy to get an NCB (No Claim Benefit). As per the schedule of tariff, NCB can be earned in the Own Damage section of Policies covering all classes of vehicles but not on Motor Trade Policies (Road Transit Risks/Road Risks/Internal Risks) and not on policies that cover only Fire and/or Theft Risks
5. How can I renew my motor policy online?
Ans. You just have to be little clever to renew your policy online. With most insurance companies, you can renew it between the period starting 2 months before the expiry and/or 6 days after the expiry of the previous policy.
6. Do I need a FIR in case of any accident?
Ans. Any third party injury or death due to accident involving your vehicle.
- Any personal injury or death of a paid driver.
- Any personal injury or death of an owner-driver.
- Any personal injury or death of a passenger.
- Any third party property damage.
- Theft of the vehicle.
- Theft of accessories, stereo-recorders, other vehicle parts.
- Any loss or damage to the vehicle by miscreants,revolutionary act, terrorists etc.
7. I have lost the insurance policy. Can I get a duplicate one?
Ans. Yes, please approach the same office, which had issued the policy, with a written request. A nominal fee is charged for issuing a duplicate policy copy.
8. Can I make online claims? How?
Ans. In most cases you can avail online claims, but you need to have a few of the following documents by hand.
- Claim form duly signed.
- Valid R.C. copy of the vehicle.
- Valid driving license copy.
- Policy copy (a must).
- Original repair bill, proof of release, and cash receipt.
9. What’s my liability if someone else is driving at the time of the accident?
Ans. Legally, anyone driving a particular vehicle has to hold a valid driving license for that category. As the owner, you must ensure that only those with a valid driving license are given control of your vehicle. Also ensure that no one drives your vehicle while under the influence of liquor or any other intoxicant. If the driver is intoxicated at the time of the accident, Bajaj Allianz is not liable for either damage to the vehicle or any third party legal claim.
10. What coverage limits meet my needs?
Ans. The sum insured for the vehicle is called “Insured’s Declared Value” and should reflect the current market value of the vehicle. Under Liability insurance, Third Party Liability insurance is covered. There is unlimited coverage to Third parties injury and Third party property damage is covered up to a sum of Rs 7,50,000.
The Insured has the option to restrict coverage for Third Party Property damage to Rs 6,000 and this will result in a lower ”Liability Only” premium.