- 1 Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy Introduction
- 2 Terms and Eligibility Conditions of Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
- 3 Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy Sum Insured options
- 4 Key Features and Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
- 5 Inclusions in Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
- 6 Exclusions in Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
- 7 Claim Procedure under Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
- 8 Documents to be submitted for Claims:
- 9 Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy Premium calculator
- 10 Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy Premium Rates
- 11 Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) of Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
- 12 Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy Documents and Forms
- 13 About Bajaj Allianz Health Care Supreme Policy
- 14 About Bajaj Allianz Silver Health Insurance Plan
- 15 About Bajaj Allianz Star Package Health Insurance Plan
- 16 About Bajaj Allianz Sankat Mochan Health Insurance Plan
- 17 About Bajaj Allianz Personal Accident Health Insurance Plan
- 18 About Bajaj Allianz Surgical Protection Plan
- 19 About Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Health Insurance
- 20 About Bajaj Allianz Premium Personal Guard Health
- 21 About Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Individual
- 22 About Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Family Floater
Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy Introduction
Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy takes care of the medical expenses incurred during hospitalization due to serious accident or illness. Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy is the best policy for you and your family in the times of rising medical expenses. It covers hospitalization expenses in excess to the specified deductible amount. Bajaj Allianz Extra Care plan can be taken as an Add On Cover to your existing hospitalization medical expenses policy. Bajaj Allianz Extra Care policy takes care of the additional expenses in case of higher expenses due to illness or accidents. Self, Spouse and three Dependent children can be covered under this policy. Dependent parents can also be covered under Bajaj Allianz Extra Care policy, a separate policy would be issued for parents.
Terms and Eligibility Conditions of Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
|Entry age for Self, Spouse and Dependent Parents:||
|Entry age for Dependent Children:||
|Renewable till age:||
|Pre-policy medical checkup:||
|Grace period for renewal:||
|Documents Required for fresh policy:||
|Documents Required during Renewal:||
Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy Sum Insured options
|Sum Insured (excluding deductibles)||Deductible per hospitalization|
Key Features and Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
- Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy covers ambulance charges in case of emergency subject to a maximum of Rs 3000/-.
- Floater Policy with the single premium for the family.
- Waiver of pre-policy check up to 55 years subject to no adverse medical history.
- You can avail Tax benefit under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act on the premiums paid for Bajaj Allianz Extra Care policy. For more information regarding Income Tax Benefits, visit www.taxqueries.in.
- Competitive premium rates and Continuity for waiting periods would be given on the base hospitalisation policy.
- Free Look Period: If you are not satisfied with the Bajaj Allianz Critical illness policy, you can cancel the policy within 15 days of receipt of the policy documents, provided there has been no claim.
- Discounts: Special offers and discounts through Bajaj Allianz Value Added Services. You can save upto 30% on Medicine,OPD expenses and more value added services
- Revision/ Modification of the Policy: Revision or Modification of the policy is possible at any time in future, with appropriate approval from IRDA.
- Withdrawal of Policy: Withdrawal of Bajaj Allianz Critical illness policy is possible at any time in future with an intimation of 3 months to all the existing insured members.
Inclusions in Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
Inclusions under Bajaj Allianz Extra Care policy are,
- Bajaj Allianz Extra Care policy covers hospitalisation expenses in excess to the specified deductible amount. Deductible amount is applicable as per the plan opted.
- Pre hospitalisation expenses for 60 days before the Insured Person was Hospitalised.
- Post hospitalisation expenses for 90 days after the Insured Person was discharged.
- Emergency Ambulance charges, Rs 3000/- per hospitalisation.
- Hospitalisation expenses as an in-patient in a Hospital for accommodation.
Exclusions in Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
Exclusions under Bajaj Allianz Extra Care policy are,
- Any Pre-existing diseases will be covered after a waiting period of 4 years.
- Any treatment within first 30 days of commencement of the policy will be excluded.
- Joint replacement surgery (other than due to accidents) will be covered after a waiting period of 4 years.
- War, civil war, revolution, invasion, act of foreign enemies, Nuclear energy, radiation, etc.,.
- HIV or any related illness including AIDS and/or mutant derivatives or variations there of however caused.
- Abuse of intoxicant substance like drugs and alcohol is excluded.
- Treatment for any mental illness or psychiatric illness.
For detailed list of Inclusions and Exclusions refer Bajaj Allianz Extra Care policy wordings and Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Brochure.
Claim Procedure under Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
The process in case of a claim under Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health policy,
- The Claim under Cashless and Reimbursement would be admissible in excess of the deductible limit, subject to terms and conditions.
- The proof of settlement of the deductible amount has to be produced at the time of claim in case of any other existing policy.
Assistance: You can contact Bajaj Allianz through Toll Free Line at 1800-209-0144 or log on to their website www.bajajallianz.com for any information or for clarifying your doubts.
Documents to be submitted for Claims:
- First Consultation letter from the Doctor.
- Duly completed claim form and NEFT Form signed by the Claimant.
- Original Hospital Discharge Card.
- Original Hospital Bill giving detailed break up of all expense heads mentioned in the bill. Clear break ups have to be mentioned for OT Charges, Doctor’s Consultation and Visit Charges, OT Consumables, Transfusions, Room Rent, etc.
- Original Money Receipt, duly signed with a Revenue Stamp.
- All original Laboratory and Diagnostic Test Reports. E.g. X-Ray, E.C.G, USG, MRI Scan, Haemogram etc.
- In case of a Cataract Operation, IOL Sticker will have to be enclosed.
- Claim settlement letter from the co insurer if any.
- Other documents as may be required by Bajaj Allianz to process the claim.
Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy Premium calculator
You can calculate the premium using Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Premium calculator. Policy period, Number of members, Age and Sum assured are required to calculate the premium.
Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy Premium Rates
Annual Premium Chart exclusive of Service Tax is shown below.
Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Premium Chart:
Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) of Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Policy
What is deductible?
Deductible means a cost-sharing requirement among the policyholder and insurance company under a health insurance policy. The company is not liable for any payment unless the Medical Expenditures exceed the Deductible.
Example of Deductible:
Mr. Raju has policy (Policy Period: 1-Jan-2010 to 31-dec-2010) with Sum assured of Rs. 5,00,000 and with a deductible of Rs. 5,00,000.
In May 2010, he is hospitalised and a claim is filed for Rs. 4,00,000. Claim is not admissible in this scenario since his deductible is Rs. 5,00,000.
In June 2010, he is hospitalised and a claim is filed for Rs. 600,000. In this scenario claim payment will be made for Rs. 1,00,000 [6,00,000-5,00,000].
How is the deductible applied at the time of claim?
Deductible would be applied afresh for each claim. Each and every hospitalization would be considered as a separate claim. The limit of indemnity /Sum Insured is the maximum liability above the deductible.
For example – If the Sum Insured is Rs 10 lakhs and deductible is Rs 3 lakhs, our liability for a claim of Rs 13 lakhs would be Rs 10 lakhs (which is over and above the deductible).
What will be the renewal age?
Under normal circumstances, lifetime renewal benefit is available under Bajaj Allianz Extra Care policy except on the grounds of fraud or misrepresentation.
When can I Increase the Sum Insured?
Sum Insured enhancement can be done only at renewals. For sum insured enhancement, fresh proposal form along with the renewal notice should be submitted.