HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy Introduction
HDFC Ergo general insurance policy has started a home insurance policy which provides safety and protection to your home and your belongings inside the home. HDFC Ergo home insurance plan provides various risk cover options such as fire and allied perils, Burglary and housebreaking including larceny and theft etc. HDFC Ergo home insurance policy protects not only home structure but also household contents. HDFC Ergo home insurance policy provides rebates on insurance cover option.
HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy Benefits
- This policy provides coverage up to 5 years.
- This policy provides discounts up to 25% for fire cover option and 15% for burglary cover option.
- Provides insurance cover against terrorism act.
- Provides instant on-line policy without any documentation.
- Reduces premium and save your money.
- The policyholder should take fire cover option mandatorily and burglary cover is optional cover and provides at low premium cost.
Eligibility: The Policy is specially designed for
- Independent houses or Individuals Residing in flats providing external walls of burnt bricks or stones or concrete blocks and RBC or RCC or tiles or ACC roof.
- Home owners or tenants (can opt only for the contents cover for fire as well as burglary).
HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy Cover options
Various cover options under this HDFC Ergo Home insurance Plan are listed below
- Fire and Special Perils – building and contents
- Burglary and housebreaking including larceny and theft
Fire and special perils: Under this policy this cover option provides 2 sections. They are Building and Contents. This fire and special perils section provides protection against.
- Explosion or Implosion
- Aircraft damage
- Riot, Strike and Malicious damage
- Impact damage
- Overflowing of water tanks and Bursting, Pipes and Apparatus
- Missile testing Operations
- Automatic Sprinkler Installations Leakages
- Bush Fire
- Typhoon, Cyclone, Tempest, Hurricane, Storm, Tornado, flood etc
- Subsidence and Landslide including Rock slide
- Volcanic Eruption, Earthquake etc
Burglary and housebreaking including larceny and theft: This HDFC Ergo home insurance policy provides protection against Burglary and housebreaking cover option, in case of any loss or damage occurs.
HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy Premium Rates
Under this HDFC Ergo Household insurance Policy the premium rates for different sections are tabulated below
Premium rates for two cover options (per mile/1000) provides only for long-term (Increase in base sum assured by 10% end of every year)
|Policy Period||3 years||4 years||5 years|
|Fire and Special Perils||2.04||2.72||3.40|
|Burglary and Housebreaking (including theft and larceny)||7.20||9.60||12|
HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy Rebates
Discounts on premiums are based on policy period
Rates (per mile/1000) (Long term Discount)
|Policy Period (Years)||1||3||4||5|
|Fire and Special Perils||0.68||1.82||2.32||2.78|
|Burglary and Housebreaking (including theft and larceny)||2.40||6.12||7.68||9.00|
HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy Proposal form
The HDFC Ergo House insurance Policy requires proposal form while buying this home insurance policy. Required documents to be submitted while buying this policy are attached below.
HDFC Ergo Home Insurance policy Proposal Form
HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy Claim Procedure
- Initially the policyholder should intimate the company to register claim in the event of any claim.
- After the intimation, a surveyor would be appointed to estimate the loss or damage.
- Documents required for claiming are listed below
For any losses or damage due to fire
- Reconstruction cost of the house
- Fire brigade Report is required(if applicable)
- First Information Report is required(if applicable)
- Repair bills or replacement bills are required as per Surveyor.
For any losses due to Burglary
- Original invoice giving the value of item stolen.
- Replacement cost or Repair cost.
- First Information Report and Final police report are needed while claiming
Required documents while claiming are attached below
HDFC Ergo Home Insurance Claim Form
HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy Customer care
Any doubts regarding this policy or any complaints then you can contact by below information given
Registered & Corporate Office Address: 1 Floor, 165 – 166 Backbay Reclamation, H. T. Parekh Marg, Churchgate, Mumbai – 400 020
Customer Service Address: 6 Floor, Leela Business Park, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri (E), Mumbai – 400 059.
Toll-free: 1800 2 700 700 (Accessible from India only)
Fax: 91 22 66383699
Company Website: www.hdfcergo.com
Exclusions of HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy
- Damage or loss arising out of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities are excluded.
- Loss or damage due to nuclear perils are excluded under this policy.
- In case any damage to property due to pollution and contamination are excluded.
- Damage or loss due to tear and wear, gradual deterioration or slowly developing flaws.
- Consequential Loss are not included.
- Damage or loss occurs to precious stones, jewellery, money, documents of any kind unless specifically declared.
- Property Under construction cannot be covered and are excluded under this policy.
Additional Information of HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy
- Under this Policy the jewellery is covered when it is locked in safe place.
- In the sum assured the value of land is not included.
FAQ’s of HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy
How to select the sum insured under this policy?
The basis of valuation shall be
- Reinstatement value for all contents excepting personal effects, and
- Market value for personal effects.
How to calculate premium under this policy?
Calculation of premium is given as (Premium rate x Sum assured).
Which type of properties do not cover under this Policy?
Under this HDFC ergo House insurance Plan, the following properties are not covered which are listed below
- Under construction Property
- Kutcha Construction
- Residence cum office
- Residence cum shop
- Land properties are not covered.
HDFC Ergo Home insurance Policy forms and Documents
HDFC Ergo Home insurance policy Brochure