Introduction on HDFC ERGO Personal Accident insurance
HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance ensures financial security for you and your family when you need. HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance covers Death, Permanent Total Disability, Temporary Total Disability, Broken Bones, Burns and Ambulance costs. HDFC ERGO personal accident insurance plan can also be extended to include your entire family under a single policy. HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance Policy ensures your protection across the boundaries.
Accidents are unpredictable and unavoidable. Such mishaps take only seconds to turn life upside down. Moreover, the impact is felt on the emotional as well as financial grounds. It can even drain your lifetime savings, leaving your family in a difficult situation without resources or help. Hence, securing your family’s future and enabling their basic day-to-day needs in your absence becomes prior for you. HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance ensures financial stability for you and your family in the event of an accident. HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance policy covers death of individual, physical injuries and bodily burns.
Key benefits and features of HDFC ERGO Personal Accident insurance
- Anyone below the age of 65 years is eligible for the coverage.
- Policy Sum Insured ranges from Rs.2.5 lakhs to Rs.15 lakhs
- Family Coverage Plans:
- Family can be covered under single policy in a comprehensive plan at affordable price including dependants – parents and children.
- Insurance with no boundary limits.
- Coverage for accidents in India and worldwide.
- Almost all risks due to accidents like Broken Bones, Burns, Permanent Disability or Accidental Deaths are covered under the policy.
- Ambulance expenses coverage.
- Daily cash reimbursements for hospitalization due to accidents and sickness.
Factors covered under HDFC ERGO Commercial vehicle Insurance
- Accidental Death –Physical injuries due to an accident leads to death of the insured, then up to 100% of the Policy Sum Insured is reimbursed.
- Permanent Total Disablement –Physical injuries due to an accident results in permanent disablement, then up to 100% of the Policy Sum Insured is payable to the insured.
- Broken Bones – Physical injuries to the insured results in bone fractures, then up to 10% of Policy Sum Insured is payable under the policy
- Hospital Cash (Illness & Accident) –In case of insured’s accident or illness, a daily assistance for hospitalization up to 45 days is provided.
- Burns – Accident resulting in hospitalization of the insured and treatment of burns, up to 5% of Policy Sum Insured is payable.
- Ambulance Expense–Ambulance costs of post-accident are reimbursed as per the policy.
Factors not covered under HDFC ERGO Commercial vehicle Insurance
- Injury or Sickness due to Civil War or Foreign War.
- Injury or Sickness caused intentionally by the Insured Person.
- Injury or Sickness due to wilful or deliberate exposure to danger, (except in an attempt to save human life).
- Attempt to suicide or Illness due to going against to Medical Advice.
- Injury or Sickness when insured Person is under the influence of alcohol or drugs or narcotics.
- Injury due to a gradually operating cause.
- Injury in result of participating in any sport as a professional player.
- Injury due to participation in any competition involving the utilisation of a motorised land, water or air vehicle.
- Injury by driving a motorcycle or motor scooter over one hundred fifty (150) cc.
- Injury due to participation in any criminal act.
- Injury or Sickness resulting from pregnancy within twenty-six (26) weeks of the expected date of birth.
- Injury or Sickness caused by AIDS and HIV conditions.
- Injury or Sickness caused by viral related disease.
- Injury on service with or undergoing training with any military or police force.
- Treatments for nervous or mental problems.
- Any pathological fracture.
- Injury caused by situation raising from Terrorism.
HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance Policy Premium Table
Claim Procedure for HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance Policy
1. Please call our Toll-free Number 1-800-2700-2700.
2. Claims Service Representative will guide you on the claim procedures and documents required.
3. Complete the claim form relevant to the nature of loss as indicated below.
Attach the documents mentioned against the claim type:
- For Accidental Injury Claims
- Claim form as per ‘Form A’.
- Police FIR, if accident is reported to Police.
- Medical papers, pathology reports, X-ray reports, as applicable.
- For Permanent Disability Claims – disability certificate from reputed surgeon or Municipal Hospital.
- For Temporary Total Disability Claims-sick leave certificate from Employer.
- Attending Physician’s statement as per ‘Form D’.
4. Our Claims Service Representative may visit you in the Hospital or at Home to personally collect claim documents.
5. Documents, in addition to those mentioned above maybe called for, depending on the nature of accident and claim lodged.
6. You may also send the claim form with annexures to our Claims Processing Cell at the following address : Kindly send all documents to:
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited
6th Floor, Leela Business Park,
Andheri – Kurla Road, Andheri (East),
Mumbai – 400059
7. Please retain a copy of the documents sent for your records.
Documents Required for claim in HDFC ERGO Personal Accident insurance policy
- Written Notice of Claim must be given to the Company immediately in the case of death, or within thirty (30) Days after the Date of Loss in all other cases.
- Intimate your claim by calling – 1800-2-700-700.
- For claim Submit documents like
- Policy Number
- Medical report describing the nature
- All invoices, bills, prescriptions, Hospital certificates
- Official death certificate
- Proof of age
- The Insured Person shall submit to medical examination in respect of any alleged claim that may give rise to a benefit being paid.
- Any other information as the Company may require to handle the claim.
HDFC ERGO Personal Accident insurance policy renewal procedure
- Visit www.hdfcergo.com to renew instantly online.
- SMS “RENEW <Policy No” to 9999700700.
- Visit HDFC ERGO nearest branch/ agent.
- Send a copy of the renewal notice along with premium cheque to HDFC ERGO branch/corporate office.
- Call our toll free number 18002700700.
HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance renewal online
- Visit www.hdfcergo.com to renew instantly online.
- Provide the details required.
- Pay the premium amount through online.
- Proceed to renew the policy.
HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance policy Premium Calculator
Through HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance premium Calculator we can calculate the annual premium based plan opted. HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance Calculator gives you approx amount to be paid during buying new policy and renewing the old policy depending upon the details you have given.
FAQs under HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance policy
- What is an accident?
Accident means any sudden or unexpected event, which leads to a permanent physical disability or accidental death.
- What are the benefits payable under this policy?
- Now you can protect your entire family with Personal Accident Insurance against accidental injuries.
- The policy provides the benefits to you and your family, for Accidental Death, Permanent Disability, Broken Bones, Burns due to an accident.
- It also provides benefit of Ambulance cost and hospital cash.
- What are the available plans with under this policy?
HDFC ERGO offers you a wide range of Sum Insured, from Rs. 2.5 lakh to 15 lakh with four plan options to choose.
- Self Plan
- Self & Family Plan
- Self + Dependent Parents Add-on
- Self & Family Plan + Dependent Parents Add-on
- How many members can be included under the Family Plan?
You can include your spouse as well as two dependent children under the Family Plan.
- Can I include my parents in this policy?
Yes, you can include your dependent parents up to 70 years. Personal Accident Insurance provides add on benefits for your dependent parents with an affordable flat rate. Now you can give back a small measure of the love and concern they showed for you.
HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance Forms and Documents
HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance Proposal Form
HDFC ERGO Personal accident Insurance Claim Form
HDFC ERGO Personal Accident Insurance Policy Wording
HDFC ERGO Personal Accident insurance Prospectus