Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance policy
HDFC ERGO Student Suraksha-Student Overseas Travel Insurance Policy Introduction
Hdfc Ergo travel insurance has a special type of plan for students is Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance Policy that offers a wide range of benefits to those taking up studies abroad.HDFC ERGO Student Suraksha – Student Overseas Travel Insurance is a comprehensive travel insurance specially designed for students to ensure their financial security in case of any emergency.
Students are able to meet their ambition of studying abroad in any corner of the world and avail the best of education & career. However safety is always a concern for everybody, from the students to their families. To ensure this, HDFC ERGO brings you Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha – Student Overseas Travel Insurance, is a comprehensive package policy for all students who are Indian residents and are traveling overseas for higher studies.
Students traveling overseas are already coping alone, they need help particularly as medical treatment abroad can be prohibitively expensive in most cases. under such circumstances Hdfc ergo student suraksha travel insurance plan is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation,lost luggage,flight accident and other losses incurred while traveling.
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha-Student Overseas Eligibility and Conditions
Eligibility for Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance policy:
- Hdfc Ergo student suraksha travel insurance offering a Comprehensive travel plan for Indian students studying abroad.
- Age Limit for hdfc ergo student suraksha travel insurance policy is 16 to 35 Years.
- Worldwide cover for 30 days to 2 years No medical check-up.
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance policy Conditions :
- For any insured, if there is any adverse history, as per the proposal form, then health reports are required irrespective of age & travel duration.
- No refund is allowed for curtailment of risk.
- No refund is allowed after journey commencement.
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance Key Features and benefits
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance policy benefits:
- Composite coverage in a single policy.
- Caters to all Indian students travelling abroad.
- Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance policy does not require any medicals / health check up .
- Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance policy provides worldwide cover from 30 days to 2 years
- Option to include covers like maternity, childcare benefits, cancer screening & mammography.
- examinations and mental & nervous disorders.
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance policy Key Features:
- Pays the family of the insured compensation in the case of loss of life in an accident.
- Hdfc Ergo Pays compensation if the insured is permanently disabled in an accident.
3.Emergency Medical Expenses:
- Reimburses the insured for medical expenses incurred for an accident or an unexpected sickness.
- Medical Evacuation: Pay the actual costs or the total sum insured, stated in the schedule, whichever is lesser, for repatriating insured back to the country of residence.
- Body Repatriation: Pay the actual costs or the total sum insured stated in the schedule, whichever is lesser, for repatriating insured corpse to the country of residence.
4.Emergency Dental Treatment:
- Reimburses the insured for emergency dental expenses incurred for an injury or acute pain.
5.Loss of Passport:
- In the event that the passport belonging to the insured is lost, the insured is reimbursed the actual expenses incurred in obtaining a duplicate or fresh passport.
6.Loss of Checked Baggage:
- If baggage, personal documents or personal effects are checked onto a common carrier, the insured is reimbursed the cost of replacement for any damaged or lost articles.
7.Delay of Checked Baggage:
- Provides an amount for emergency purchases on account of delay in baggage.
- Pays a benefit for damages that an insured person is legally liable for as the result of a lawsuit for property damage being brought against the insured person. Also pays a benefit for medical expenses that an insured person is legally liable for as the result of a law suit for an accident caused by the insured person resulting in bodily injury to another person.
- Hdfc Ergo Pays the bail amount for the insured on arrest or detention by police for a bail-able offence in the territory of travel.
- Hdfc Ergo General Insurance company Pays compensation in the event of interruption of study whilst abroad according to the Hdfc ergo Student Suraksha-Student Overseas policy.
- Pays tuition fees to the insured in the event of accidental death of insured’s sponsor.
- Pays amount incurred to the insured in the event of compassionate Visit by one immediate family member.
- Pays for treatment of mental and nervous disorders, including alcoholism and drug dependency.
14.Treatment for Expectant Mothers:
- Pays for in-patient medical expenses related to pregnancy after a waiting period of 10 months.
15.Screening and Examinations:
- Pays for cancer screening and mammographic examinations on recommendation from physician.
- Pays for hospital cash benefits of childcare.
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance Policy Cover
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha-Student Overseas Policy cover:
- The existing Indian students who are studying abroad can also be covered under Hdfc Ergo Student Travel policy.
|Emergency Medical Expenses (EME)||5,00,000||2,50,000||1,00,000||50,000||NIL|
|Permanent Total Disability||25,000||20,000||20,000||20,000||20,000|
|Emergency Dental Treatment||500||500||250||250||250|
|Loss of Passport||250||250||200||200||200|
|Medical Evacuation||Included in EME||Included in EME||Included in EME||Included in EME||NIL|
|Repatriation||Included in EME||Included in EME||Included in EME||Included in EME||NIL|
|Loss of Checked Baggage||2,000|
|Deductibles||Per Baggage Maximum 50% of SI & Per article Limit Maximum 10% of SI||Per Baggage Maximum 50% of SI & Per article Limit Maximum 10% of SI||Per Baggage Maximum 50% of SI & Per article Limit Maximum 10% of SI||Per Baggage Maximum 50% of SI & Per article Limit Maximum 10% of SI||Per Baggage Maximum 50% of SI & Per article Limit Maximum 10% of SI|
|Delay of Checked Baggage||200||200||150||100||Not Applicable|
|Deductibles||12 hours, $10 per, 8 hours||12 hours, $10 per, 8 hours||12 hours, $10 per, 8 hours||12 hours, $10 per, 8 hours||12 hours, $10 per, 8 hours|
|Compassionate Visit ( 2 way )||7500||7500||7500||7500||7500|
HDFC ERGO Student Suraksha-Student Overseas Travel Insurance Claim Process
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance policy Claim Procedure:
- If you are abroad, please contact +800 08250825 (International Toll Free). Incase you are dialling from India, please contact 01204507250 (Chargeable)
- Hdfc Ergo Claims Service Representative will guide you on the claim procedures and documents required
- A claim form will be forwarded to you by mail, email or fax
- Complete the claim form relevant to the nature of loss as indicated below.
- Kindly mail us scanned images of your claim documents on firstname.lastname@example.org , with cc to email@example.com or fax us on +91-120-6691600 within 30 days from date of loss.
Documents Required For Claim Procedure:
|Emergency Medical Expenses||
|Emergency Medical Expenses – Accident Only||
|Emergency Dental Treatment||
|Loss Of Baggage & Personal Documents||
|Checked Baggage Loss (Including Baggage Damage)||
|Loss of Cash||
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance Premium Table
|Sum Insured $||500000||500000||250000||250000||100000||100000||50000||50000|
|Trip Duration||Inc. USA/
Inclusive of 12.36% Service Tax
For more information regarding Income Tax Benefits, visit www.taxqueries.in.
|PLAN OPTION||PLATINUM PLUS||GOLD PLUS||SILVER PLUS||BRONZE PLUS|
|Sum Insured $||500000||500000||250000||250000||100000||100000||50000||50000|
|Trip Duration||Inc. USA/
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance Inclusions and Exclusions
|The HDFC ERGO shall be liable to pay any benefit to the Insured caused due to:
|The HDFC ERGO shall not be liable to pay any benefit to the Insured caused due to:
For queries & claims call : 1800 2 700 700 / 1800 226 226
Fax : 022-66383669 / 66383699
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us : HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited
(Corporate office) 6th floor, Leela Business Park, Andheri Kurla Road,
Andheri (East), Mumbai – 400 059
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance FAQ
1.Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha Travel Insurance Policy Cancillation?
A.The policy may be cancelled via request on Email/Fax, The intimation of policy cancellation has to reach us latest upto 14 days from the inception date of the policy. If the policy has already incepted, a copy of all 40 pages of the passport needs to be submitted as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken. Cancellation charges of Rs. 250/- shall be applicable and the balance shall be refunded.
2.Whom to contact in case of claim on the policy?
A.In the event of a covered emergency and to register claims, call HDFC ERGO at 24 hour Help Center and quote Policy Holders’ Name, Policy Number, Insurance Company, Passport Number when seeking assistance within 24 Hours.
The contact details are:
International Toll Free Number : +800 08250825
Landline no (Chargeable) : +91-120-4507250
Address: HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited
5th floor, Tower 1, Stellar IT Park,
C-25, Sector-62, Noida, UP, India – 201301
3.Where can one avail the claim forms?
A.On registration of a claim, claim form will be forwarded to by mail, email or fax along with the intimation for the various documents required. The forms are also available on the website.
5.How do i extend my policy?
A.Please send a request mail to Care@hdfcergo.com for extension of policy along with health declaration attached to it. You will receive a response from us with the detailed procedure and the additional premium amount.
6.For howw many days can the policy be extended?
A.The total policy period including extension should not exceed 2 years.
7.Can the sum insured be increased?
A.The Sum Insured cannot be increased.
8.What does deductable mean?
A.Deductible means the amount of a claim that has to be borne by the insured.
9.Will the claim be settled on my return to india?
A.Claims are settled on the receipt of original documents.Globalization has opened wide range of avenues for students today. As a result HDFC ERGO will ensure to safeguard your dreams & secure your aspirations.
This insurance policy will enable students to study abroad worry-free, whether they lose their passport/baggage or face any medical costs /emergency.
With HDFC ERGO Student Suraksha – Student Overseas Travel Insurance we safeguard you from unforeseen circumstances.
Hdfc Ergo Student Suraksha travel insurance forms and documents
Hdfc ergo student suraksha travel insurance policy wordings
Hdfc ergo student suraksha travel insurance prospectus
Hdfc ergo student suraksha travel insurance claim form
Hdfc ergo student suraksha travel insurance proposal form