About National Health Insurance
The National Insurance Company Limited is a Government general insurance company which was incorporated in India on 6 December 1906. National Insurance covers Health Insurance plans, Motor Insurance plans, Travel Insurance plans, Home Insurance plans, Rural Insurance Plans, Industrial and Commercial risk Insurance plans.
National Health Insurance or National Insurance Mediclaim offers Health Insurance for Individuals, Health Insurance for Family and Personal Accident plans. The National Insurance mainly targets on health insurance for best health care. You can buy and renew any National Medical Insurance Policy Online. Men and Women of any age can take this National Insurance Mediclaim. Dependent children and parents are also covered based on the type of health plan. As per your needs / requirements you can select health insurance plan, since all these health products are tailor made satisfying the needs of people. The premiums will be as per your sum assured. You can calculate the premium using National Health Insurance Premium calculator.
National Health Insurance Policy Details
National Health Insurance Features and Benefits:
- Tax Benefits: You can get tax benefit on National health plans for premiums paid under section 80 D as per IT (Income Tax) Act. For more information refer www.taxqueries.in
- Lifetime Renewal: Get National Health Insurance Renewal for lifetime and be secure against medical / hopitalization expenses.
- Quick Claims Approval: National Medical Insurance Network Hospitals across India, Cashless services, reimbursement claim process etc. all these make the claims approval process quick and easy.
- Portability: If you (policyholder) are insured under another Insurer’s health insurance policy you can transfer to National health insurance with all your accrued benefits after due allowances for waiting periods.
- Free Medical Check-up: Some National Medical Insurance plans provide Free Health Check-up at National empanelled Diagnostic Centre.
- Discounts are also available based on the type of National Insurance Mediclaim Policy.
- Free Look up Period: If you are not satisfied with the National Health Insurance policy, you can cancel the policy within the specified period.
National Health Insurance Coverages/Inclusions:
- Pre-Hospitalization Cover: National Medical Insurance Plans provides Pre-Hospitalization cover. It takes care of hospitalization expenses incurred by you for treatment before hospitalization.
- Post-Hospitalization Cover: National Insurance Mediclaim provides Post-Hospitalization cover. It takes care of hospitalization/medical expenses incurred by you for treatment after hospitalization.
- Day care procedures: Medical Expenses or costs incurred for a day care procedure in National Medical Insurance plan, where the procedure or surgery is taken by the Insured Person for less than 24 hours in a Hospital will be covered for specified day care procedures.
- In-patient treatment: Medical expenses or costs incurred for Room rent, Nursing, boarding expenses, Intensive care unit (ICU), Medicines, drugs etc., will be covered.
- Emergency Ambulance: National Insurance Company will reimburse the expenses incurred on an ambulance offered by a healthcare or ambulance service provider.
The below are covered as per the plan opted. For some National health insurance plans there are additional coverages. So please refer the National Health Insurance plans given below.
National Health Insurance Plans
National Insurance Mediclaim Policy covers medical expenses incurred by you for the treatment of illness or disease or injury during the policy period. Cashless facility and Re-imbursement of hospitalization expenses is allowed under this Policy. This Policy is also available for Senior citizens.
National Insurance Parivar Mediclaim Policy is a health insurance policy for family. It is a Family Floater policy that covers entire family consisting of self, spouse and two dependent children under single sum insured. It covers medical expenses incurred by the insured for the treatment of illness or disease or injury during the policy period.
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy is a Health Insurance Policy which covers expenses for Inpatient treatment and expenses incurred for the treatment of illness or disease or injury during the policy term. Optional covers for Critical Illness and Out-patient Treatment are also provided by this Health Policy.
National Insurance Personal accident policy covers the loss caused due to accidental death, permanent disability and temporary disability and other related costs or expenses. This plan can be bought as an individual policy or a family cover. It also covers accidental hospitalization expenses on payment of extra premium.
New India Assurance Janata Personal Accident Policy Covers any person regardless of the sex, occupation and profession between the age group of 10 to 70 years. This Policy provides compensation for death or bodily injury of the insured person. It is also available for the pre-identified groups specified by the scheme as group policies.