National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy Introduction
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy is a Health Insurance Policy which covers expenses for Inpatient treatment and expenses incurred for the treatment of illness or disease or injury during the policy term. National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy covers pre-hospitalization expenses, post-hospitalization expenses, more than 140 Day Care Procedures, Ambulance Charges, Homeopathy treatment, Ayurveda treatment, Maternity, etc.,. Optional covers for Critical Illness and Out-patient Treatment are also provided by National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Health Policy.
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy Eligibility Conditions
|Entry age of proposer/members:||
|Entry age of Children:||
|Renewal till age:||
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy Review and Features
- Cumulative Bonus: Increase in Sum Insured by 5% per policy year up to 50% of Sum Insured.
- Family discount of 10% for the premium is available.
- Youth discount of 10% is allowed for age group between 18 to 25 years.
- Online discount of 5% is available if policy is bought online from http://niconline.in/.
- Sum insured can be enhanced at the time of policy renewal.
- Avail Tax Benefit under Section 80D of Income Tax Act 1961 for the premiums paid. For more information regarding Income Tax Benefits, visit www.taxqueries.in.
- No tax benefit for critical illness cover.
- Free Look Period is available for a period of 15 days from the date of receipt of policy.
- Portability facility is available to switch to National Mediclaim Plus Policy, on renewal, without losing any accrued benefits.
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy Inclusions
- In-patient treatment
- More than 140 day care procedures.
- Ayurveda and Homeopathy Treatments
- Expenses incurred for person donating an organ.
- Costs insured in a daily hospital cash allowance.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses – up to 30 days prior to the hospitalization.
- Post-hospitalization expenses – 60 days after discharge from the hospital.
- Medical expense for delivery, lawful medical termination of pregnancy etc.
- Ambulance, Air ambulance, Medical emergency reunion, Vaccination for children etc.
- It provides Optional covers for Critical Illness and Out-patient Treatment
- Complete information about National Insurance Mediclaim Plus policy coverages are shown in below table.
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy Exclusions
Exclusions under National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy are,
- For first 30 days of commencement of the policy, no claim is payable other than accidental injuries.
- Pre-existing diseases – covered after a waiting period of 3 policy years subject to continuous renewal.
- 1 (One) year waiting period for,
- Benign ENT disorders
- 2 (Two) years waiting period for,
- Pilonidal sinus
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Gout and Rheumatism
- Hypertension & related complications
- Diabetes & related problems
- Congenital internal disease
- Calculus diseases
- Fissure or Fistula in anus
- Surgery of gall bladder & bile duct excluding malignancy
- Piles (Haemorrhoids)
- Surgery of genito-urinary system excluding malignancy
- Sinusitis & related disorders
- Surgery for prolapsed intervertebral disc unless resulting from accident
- Polycystic ovarian disease
- Surgery of varicose vein
- Non-infective arthritis
- 4 (Four) years waiting period for,
- Treatment for joint replacement except due to accident.
- Osteoarthritis & osteoporosis.
- Vaccination or inoculation, Spectacles, hearing aid, contact lens, Cosmetic, sex change.
- Plastic surgery, General debility, Dental treatment, External congenital anomaly.
- Sterility, intentional self-inflicted injury, venereal disease, abuse of Drug/alcohol.
- HIV/AIDS, Non allopathic treatment, pregnancy, Vitamins, tonics, wars, obesity, massages, spa, etc.
For complete list of exclusions please refer National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Brochure or National Insurance Mediclaim Plus prospectus.
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Customer Care
For any Information or queries or doubts regarding National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy, Please Visit www.nationalinsuranceindia.com or call Toll free: 1800 120 1430 or Fax : (033) 2289 6329.
You can also contact National Insurance Company through E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also post or write to the following address.
3 Middleton Street
Pin code: 700071
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Proposal Form
To buy National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy you need to fill the proposal form with complete and accurate information and you have to submit to the National Insurance Office. You can also buy National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy through online.
Download National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Proposal Form
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Claim Form
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus policy Claim Form is to submitted to the National Insurance company or TPA during claim settlement. It is to be filled completely and accurately.
Download National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Claim Form
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Premium Calculator
You can calculate the premium using National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Premium calculator. Personal details, Number of members, Policy period, Age and Sum assured and other details are required to calculate the premium.
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy Premium Rates
National Mediclaim Plus Policy Premium Chart is shown below,
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus FAQ’s
At what situation National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Policy will get cancelled?
- Company may cancel your policy on grounds of misrepresentation, fraud etc. by sending you 30 days notice.
- You (The Insured person) may cancel the policy at any time during the policy term. In such case the company shall refund of premium.
What are the reports required for Pre-policy Checkup?
- Physical examination
- Lipid profile
- Blood sugar
- Eye checkup
- Urine routine & microscopic examination
- Serum creatinine
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Forms and Documents
National Insurance Mediclaim Plus Customer Information Sheet