New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy Introduction
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim policy covers all the hospitalisation expenses for the treatment of illness or injury, if hospitalisation is more than 24 hours. The New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy also pays pre-hospitalisation expenses for 30 days and post-hospitalisation expenses for 60 days. Any person between the age of 18 to 60 years can take New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy. This policy also provides medical expenses for day care treatments and ambulance charges.
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim policy Eligibility Criteria
|Entry Age of dependent children||
|Free look period||
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy Review and Features
- New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy covers all hospitalisation expenses for the injury.
- The insured persons beyond 60 years can also continue their insurance policy with the company.
- It provides a freelook period of 15 days from the date of receipt of policy to review the policy terms and conditions.
- The Sum insured will be increased by 5% at each renewal resulting Cumulative Bonus subjected to maximum of 30% in New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy.
- It provides Discount on premium for family covers.
- Income tax benefit is also available under section 80D as per provision of Income Tax Rules. For information about Tax on Insurance Policies, refer www.taxqueries.in.
- It provides Loyalty discount for repeated purchases.
- It covers the cost of health check up.
- You can avail portability facility under this policy to transfer your policy from another company to New India Assurance Company.
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy Coverages
- It covers the cost of treatment
- It covers post hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days subjected to maximum of 10% of hospital bill.
- It covers pre-hospitalisation medical expenses up to 30 days.
- Taken in general ward of hospital / day-care center at a rate of 450/- per day.
- Intensive cardiac care unit (ICCU)/Intensive care unit(ICU) expenses.
- Anaesthetist,Surgeon,Medical Practitioner specialist fees.
- Operation theatre charges,Medicines and Drugs,Anaesthesia,oxygen,blood,Surgical appliances,etc..
- It covers ambulance charges up to 1000/- to shift patient from the home to hospital.
- It Covers Ayush expenses incurred for Ayurvedic/Homeopathic/unani treatment up to 25% of the Sum insured provided for the treatment of illness.
- It covers hospitalisation expenses incurred on the donor during the course of organ transplant to the insured person.
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy Exclusions
- Any disease contracted within 30 days of insurance.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered by New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim policy only after four continuous claim free renewals with the company.
- It does not cover any medical expenses arising out of:
- Any Skin disorder.
- Benign Prostate Hypertrophy.
- Cataract and age related eye ailments .
- Benign Ear, Nose, Throat disorders.
- Hypertension, etc..
- Pre-existing conditions like cholesterol, diabetes and hypertension and its complications are covered after two years of continuous premium by paying extra premium.
- It does not cover dental treatments except those arising out of an Accident.
- This policy does not cover the following diseases for the duration of 2 years or 4 years.
- Vaccination and Inoculation.
- Aesthetic treatment or cosmetic,Circumcision, plastic surgery.
- War invasion, war like operations, nuclear weapons, ionising radiation.
- suicide or attempt to suicide.
- suicide or attempt to suicide and Intentional self-injury.
- Pregnancy and childbirth.
- Treatment outside The India.
- Genetic disorders and stem cell implantation / surgery etc..
- It does not cover cost of treatment for any injury caused due to participation in hazardous sports.
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy Proposal Form
To buy New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim policy you need to take respective proposal form from the New India Assurance company policy issuing office and has to fill the proposal form accurately. You have to submit this filled proposal form to the New India Assurance Company policy issuing office.
Download New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Proposal Form.
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy Claim Form
You need to Submit duly filled New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim claim form to the policy issuing office or TPA during claim settlement. You need to submit required documents along with claim form.
Download New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Claim Form.
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim policy Premium Calculator
By using New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Premium calculator you can calculate minimum premium has to be paid to buy New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy. The premium will be set based on the age of the proposer.
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy Premium Rates
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim policy premium table is given below
|Sum Insured||Premium based on the Age of the proposer|
|3 months to 5 years||6 years to 35 years||36 years to 40 years||41 years to 45 years||46 years to 50 years||51 years to 55 years||56 years to 60 years||61 years to 65 years||66 years to 70 years|
New India Assurance janata Mediclaim Policy Customer Care
For any information or queries or doubts regarding New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim policy call Toll Free number : 1800-209-1415.
You can also contact The New India Assurance Co. Ltd. through E-Mail:email@example.com
The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.,
87, M.G.Road, Fort,
Mumbai – 400 001.
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim FAQ’s
1.What is TPA?
Ans.Third Party Administrators(TPA) means any person who is licensed under the IRDA Regulations, 2001 by the Authority, and is appointed by an insurance company for a fee or remuneration to provide health services.
2.What is Cancellation Clause?
Ans: The Company may at any time cancel your Policy by sending 30 days notice to the Insured by registered letter at the Insured’s last known address and in such event the Company shall refund to the Insured a pro-rata premium for un-expired Period of Insurance. The company shall however, remain liable for any claim, which arises after the date of cancellation.
3.Can I renew my Mediclaim policy?
Ans: Yes,The company will send you renewal-notice to inform about your expiry period.you have to renew your policy within 30 days of the expiry period of insurance. If you failed to renew your policy before expiry period the company will cancel your policy.
4.Who is Medical practitioner?
Ans: A Medical Practitioner is one who is engaged in the medical profession, who holds a degree/diploma of a recognized institution and is registered by the Medical Council of the respective state in India.A physician, specialist and surgeon are called as Medical Practitioner.
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim policy Additional Documents
New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy Details