New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2007 Introduction
The New India Assurance mediclaim policy 2007 is introduced on 16.08.2007, after discontinuing the existing Health plus Medical expenses policy and Mediclaim policy. New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 is mainly designed for the people who are suffering from any Illness (or) sustained with any Injury. At such situations the Company will pay to the Hospital (or) reimburse the Insured person, through the Third Party Administrator(T.P.A).
- New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 is issued for a period of one year.
- The Insured Person can opt for an option if the servicing of the policy through TPA (or) may directly through company.
- The Insured Person who do not opt for the TPA service they will have their claims settled directly with offices on reimbursement basis.
- There will not be any discount in premium for not availing TPA services.
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2007 Eligibility Conditions
- Children between the age of 3 months to 18 years can be covered provided only if the parents are also covered under the policy.
- The person beyond 60 years may renew their policy without any break.
- Grace Period is 30 days for Renewal.
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2007 Review and Features
- New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 has special feature that is the portability option which means the Insured person can take the same policy in any other company as per guidelines issued by IRDA.
- Free look period is applicable in the New India Assurance Mediclaim policy. The Insured person can change their policy will be allowed a period of 15 days from the date of taken the policy.
- Discount in the premium for family cover.
- Loyalty Discount
- Good Health Discount
- Cumulative Bonus
- Cost of Health Check up
- Income Tax Benefit under Section 80D of IT Act. For information about Tax on Insurance Policies, refer www.taxqueries.in.
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2007 Policy Cover
- New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2007 policy mainly covers the Room, boarding and nursing expenses as provided by the Hospital not exceeding 1.0 % of the Sum Insured (without any Cumulative Bonus) per day or actual, whichever is less.
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) / Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) expenses does not exceed 2.0 % of the Sum Insured per day.
- Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants Specialist fees will be given by the company if the insured person is under the period of the policy.
- Covers the Pre Hospitalization expenses medical Expenses for the treatment of illness up to 30 days.
- Post Hospitalization medical Expenses up to 60 days is payable.
- Health and Cumulative bonus are applicable only if the insurance is in continuous without any break.
- Day-care treatment: Means the Medical expense towards specific technologically advanced day-care treatments (or) surgeries where 24 hour hospitalization is not required.
- Ambulance Charges are covered up to the limits which are specified in the policy.
- Ayurvedic (or) Homeopathic and Unani system of medicine are covered to the extent of 25% of Sum Insured provided if the treatment is taken in the Government Hospital.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered only after 4 continuous and claim free renewals with our Company.
New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 Premium
New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 premium is mainly specified that the premium is based on age of the proposer and geographical area of treatment(World wide).
New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 Inclusion
- Medical Expenses(or)Surgery at hospital in india
- Medical Practitioner
- Room Charges
- ICU and ICCU charges.
New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 Exclusion
- No compensation is given if the insured person participated in war.
- No compensation is paid if the insured person is under cosmetic,aesthetic treatment,plastic surgery.
- Sexually transmitted diseases and HIV (AIDS)
- Treatment outside India
New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 Premium Calculator
You can also can calculate your premium with premium calculator, for that you have to give some details like insured person name, policy details, Sum assured etc.
New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 Claim Form
You can claim through Third Party Administrators (TPA)/Company using claim form.
New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 Proposal Form
To buy this policy you must need to take the proposal or application form with your details and you have submit some proofs like id proof, photo, medical reports if needed.
New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 Customer care and contact details
Toll Free: 1800-209-1415
You can also contact The New India Assurance Co. Ltd. through E-Mail: email@example.com
The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.,
87, M.G.Road, Fort,
Mumbai – 400 001.
New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007 FAQs
1. How much premium did you get if you want to cancel the policy?
A.The Insured may at any time cancel this Policy and in such event the Company shall allow refund of premium at Company’s short period rate only.
|PERIOD ON RISK||RATE OF PREMIUM TO BE CHARGED|
|Up to one-month||1/4th of the annual rate|
|Up to three months||1/2 of the annual rate|
|Up to six months||3/4th of the annual rate|
|Exceeding six months||full annual rate|
2.How do you define continuous treatment?
A.A treatment will be deemed to be continuous if the concerned illness relapses within 45 days from the date of last consultation with the doctor/hospital/nursing home. Any occurrence after a lapse of 45 days will be considered as new illness.