- 1 New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Introduction
- 2 New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Eligibility Conditions
- 3 New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Review and Benefits
- 4 New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Features
- 5 New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Policy Cover
- 6 New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Exclusions
- 7 New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Claim procedure
- 8 New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Buying Procedure
- 9 New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Contact Details
- 10 New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 FAQs
- 11 About New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2007
- 12 About New India Assurance Family Floater Mediclaim Policy
- 13 About New India Assurance Janata Mediclaim Policy
- 14 About New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
- 15 About New India Assurance Personal Accident Policy
- 16 About New India Assurance Group Mediclaim Policy
- 17 About New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy
- 18 About New India Assurance Floater Mediclaim Policy
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Introduction
New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2012 is designed to help the people to protect against hospitalization purpose. The New india Assurance mediclaim policy 2012 is a excellent product with outstanding features like there is no maximum entry age, High cummulative bonus. It covers outside India also, with more than 10 lakhs high sum insured.
Mediclaim policy 2012 has a special feature that you can get the premium 20 to 30 percent and you can get this in seven days after filing the claim form and discharge from the hospital.
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Eligibility Conditions
|Minimum Age:||18 Years|
|Maximum Age:||65 years|
- The Person who have more than 65 years can continue their insurance provided they are insured under the Policy with the company without any break.
Any person more than the age of 45, entering into the Mediclaim 2012 (or) Family Mediclaim 2012 for the first time they would be charged an entry load:
|SUM ASSURED||Up to 45||45 to 50||51 to 55||56 to 60||61 to 65|
|Upto 3 Lakhs||Nil||Nil||1000||1500||2000|
|3 lakhs to Rs.5 lakhs||Nil||1000||2000||NOT ELIGIBLE||NOT ELIGIBLE|
|Over 5 lakh||Nil||2000||4000||NOT ELIGIBLE||NOT ELIGIBLE|
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Review and Benefits
New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2012 have a special benefits like the company will pay the Hospitalization expenses (Sum Insured).
In case, the Insured Person was hospitalized more than once, then the total of all amounts paid under
- Expenses paid for medical expenses after discharge from hospital.
- Each Insured person has a separate sum insured.
- Mediclaim policy 2012 has a special benefit that you can also shift to another hospital for any better medical treatment this will be evaluated by the TPA.
- Free look period is applicable where you can review and return the policy with in 15 days.
- The Insured person can get the reimbursement of Medical check up at the end of three renewal years.
- This benefit is available only once in three years.
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Features
- Maximum Entry eligibility increased from 60 years to 65 years under mediclaim policy 2012
- Maximum Sum Insured available increased upto Rs. 8 Lakhs from earlier Rs. 5 Lakhs.
- Daily Cash Allowance introduced for policies with sum insured of Rs. 3 Lakhs and above at 0.1% of Sum Insured upto 10 days in a year.
- External Diseases will be covered from the 5th year, at 10% of the Sum Insured.
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Policy Cover
The Company will reimburse the medical expenses like
|1.Room Rent, boarding and nursing expenses as provided by the Hospital||1.0 % of the Sum Insured per day|
|2.Intensive Care Unit (ICU) (or) Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) expenses not exceeding||2.0 %|
|3.Pre-Hospitalization Medical expenses||Maximum up 30 days|
|4.Post-Hospitalization Medical expenses||Maximum upto 60 days|
- Mediclaim 2012 Policy covers only medical(or)surgical treatment taken in India
- Family members are also can covered in one policy, with separate Sum Insured.
- For each Insured Person you will get a Family Discount of 10% on the total premium payable. The members of the family who could be covered under the Policy are:
- Proposer’s Spouse
- Proposer’s Children
- Proposer’s Parents
If You cover the other family members under a single Sum Insured, discounts at the following rates are admissible:
SUM INSURED NUMBER OF PERSONS % DISCOUNT ON TOTAL PREMIUM UPTO 300000 300000 AND MORE TWO 11% 13% BETWEEN 3 AND 4 13% 155 MORE THAN 4 16% 18%
- This is a special benefit in mediclaim 2012 policy where the treatments under Ayurvedic (or) Homeopathic are covered up to 25% of the sum insured.
- For those Insured Persons, whose Sum Insured is more than or equal to Three Lakhs, Company will pay Hospital Cash at the rate of 0.1% of the Sum Insured.
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Exclusions
- Mediclaim policy 2012 does not cover all cases of hospitalization.
- Pre Existing Disease is not payable.
- Pregnancy related expenses will not be covered under mediclaim policy 2012.
- Diseases like HIV (AIDS) does not cover
- Circumcision, Cosmetic surgery, Plastic surgery unless required to treat injury or illness
- Vaccination and Inoculation
- Mediclaim policy 2012 will not cover the person is participated in War etc.
- Treatment outside India
- Domiciliary Treatment.
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Claim procedure
You can claim the policy through TPA when you are in risk. The entire amount of the claim is payable, if it is within the Sum Insured and is related with the Hospitalization as per Policy conditions and is supported by proper documents, For persons aged over 55 entering the Mediclaim 2012 policy without Continuous Coverage, The company will pay only 80% of the claim amount until he has four years of claim free continuous coverage.
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Buying Procedure
To take the New India Assurance Mediclaim policy 2012 you must need to fill the proposal form with details and submit the id proofs, photos, medical reports if needed.
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 Contact Details
Toll Free: 1800-209-1415
Mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy 2012 FAQs
1.Can i get treated anywhere?
The Policy covers treatment only in India. Even within India, if you had paid the premium applicable to Zone IV and take treatment in any of the Hospitals located in Zone I, II or III, then only 80% of the admissible claim amount will be paid. If premium is paid for Zone III, claims in Zone I or II will be paid only to the extent of 80%. If premium is paid for Zone II, claims in Zone I will be paid only for 80%.
|EACH ZONE IS CLASSIFIED AS BELOW: (The Cities mentioned below would include their Urban Agglomeration)|
|Zone- I||Greater Mumbai|
|Zone- II||Delhi and Delhi NCR ,Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Secunderabad, Ahmedabad and Kolkatta, Vadodara|
|Zone- III||Rest of India (other than those areas specified in Zone I,II and IV)|
|Zone- IV||The States of Bihar, Orissa, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Jharkhand, Sikkim, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Jammu and Kashmir|
2.What sum insured should I choose?
A.You are free to choose any Sum Insured ranging from One Lakh to Eight Lakhs. For those aged over 55, the Sum Insured at entry into Mediclaim 2012 could range from One Lakh to Three Lakhs. The Premium You pay depends upon Your Age, the Sum Insured chosen and the Area of Coverage chosen. You are free to choose any Sum Insured available in the range specified above.