New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy Introduction
New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy is a health insurance plan designed by the New India Assurance Company Ltd. Union Bank of India signed an agreement with The New India Assurance Company Ltd. to sell mediclaim policies to its customers. New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy is designed exclusively for the Account Holders of Union Bank of India, regardless of the fact whether they are having CD/SB/Deposit Account or having Demat, Borrower Account, Credit Card and Debit Card. New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy covers Medical expenses incurred by you for the treatment of any Illness or Disease or Injury during Policy period.
New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy Eligibility Conditions
|Entry Age for Dependent child:||
|Renewal till age:||
|Members covered under floater policy:||
New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy Review and Features
- New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy is eligible for Tax benefit under Section 80D as per IT Act. For information about Tax on Insurance Policies, refer www.taxqueries.in.
- Sum Insured can be enhanced only at the time of renewal of the policy.
- Personal Accident Insurance Cover is also available under New India Assurance union health care policy.
- Company will reimburse the medical expenses incurred by you for the treatment of any illness or disease or Injury.
- Union Health care policy is also having some exclusions which are listed under Non Coverages.
New India Assurance Union Health Care Inclusions/Coverages
- Room Rent or Boarding or Nursing Expenses and other expenses – 1% of sum insured (SI) per day.
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit) – 2% of Sum Insured (SI) per day.
- Medical Practitioner, Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Specialists, Consultants Fees.
- Operation Theatre Charges, Anaesthesia, Oxygen, Blood, Medicines & Drugs, Surgical Appliances, etc.
- Hospitalization Expenses incurred on the organ donor (excluding cost of organ).
- For cataract claims – 20% of Sum Insured or Rs. 40,000/- whichever is less, for each eye.
- Ambulance charges – 1% of SI (Sum Insured) or actual whichever is less.
- Ayurvedic or Homoeopathic or Unani treatment – 25% of the Sum Insured.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses – 30 days prior to the hospitalization.
- Post-hospitalization expenses – 60 days after discharge from the hospital.
- In case the insured sustain death resulting solely & directly accident caused by violent, external & visible means, then the company will pay a sum of Rs. 1,00,000/- during the policy term.
New India Assurance Union Health Care Exclusions/Non-Coverages
- Pre-existing diseases – covered after the waiting period of 3 years.
- In this policy, during the first 30 days of the commencement date, nothing will be payable.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation, unproven treatments, Naturopathy Treatment etc.
- Dental treatment of any kind except in case of an Accident.
- Vaccination or inoculation, plastic surgery unless required for Injury due to accident.
- HIV/AIDS, War invasion, War like operations, Act of foreign enemy, Nuclear weapons, ionizing radiation etc.
- Maternity Expenses, pregnancy, abortion, miscarriage and other related problems.
For complete list of New India Assurance Union Health Care policy Inclusions and Exclusions, please refer New India Union Health Care policy document attached below.
New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy Customer Care
For any information or doubts or queries regarding New India Assurance Union Health Care policy call Toll Free number : 1800-209-1415.
You can also contact The New India Assurance Co. Ltd. through E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.,
87, M.G.Road, Fort,
Mumbai – 400 001.
New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy Proposal Form
To buy New India Assurance Union Health Care policy you need to fill the proposal form with complete and accurate information and you have to submit it to The New India Assurance Office.
New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy Claim Form
New India Assurance Union Health Care Claim Form is to submitted to The New India Assurance Office or TPA during claim settlement. It is to be filled accurately and completely.
New India Assurance Union Health Care Premium Calculator
You can calculate the premium using New India Assurance Union Health Care Premium calculator. Personal details, Policy period, Number of members, Age and Sum assured and other details are required to calculate the premium.
New India Assurance Union Health Care policy Premium Rates
Union Health Care Policy Premium Rates are as shown under,
Payment of Premium: It should be paid along with Service Tax at the rate 12.36%
New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy FAQ’s
When will be the Sum Insured Enhanced?
Sum Insured will be enhanced at the time of renewal, but pre-acceptance health checkup is required.
Can I Cancel the New India Assurance Union Health Care Policy?
- Company may cancel your policy on grounds of misrepresentation, fraud etc. by sending you 30 days notice.
- You (The Insured person) may cancel the policy at any time during the policy period. In such case the New India Assurance company shall refund the premium, provided no claim has occurred till the cancellation date.
Period on Risk Premium to be Charged Up to 1 month 1/4th of annual rate Up to 3 months half of the annual rate Up to 6 months 3/4th of annual rate Exceeding 6 months full annual rate