- 1 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Introduction
- 2 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Eligibility Conditions
- 3 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Key Features
- 4 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Inclusions
- 5 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Exclusions
- 6 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Other Benefits
- 7 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Customer Care
- 8 Assistance:
- 9 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Buying Procedure
- 10 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Claim Procedure
- 11 Documents to be submitted during claim:
- 12 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Premium Calculator
- 13 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Premium Rates
- 14 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha FAQ’s
- 15 Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Forms and Documents
- 16 About Oriental Gramin Personal Accident Insurance
- 17 About Oriental Group Mediclaim Policy
- 18 About Oriental Janata Personal Accident Policy
- 19 About Oriental Bank Mediclaim Policy
- 20 About PNB – Oriental Royal Mediclaim Policy
- 21 About Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy
- 22 About Happy family floater policy
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Introduction
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy is a health insurance plan that was designed by Oriental Insurance Company. People of India where between the ages of 5 to 70 years can avail Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy in case of family package. 18 to 70 years can avail for individual or group cover. Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy is a combination of the personal accident insurance and hospitalization insurance policy. Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha policy is available to the citizens of India only.
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Eligibility Conditions
|Entry Age for family package:||
|Entry Age for Individual/Group cover:||
|Policy Duration for Individual:||
|Policy Duration for Group:||
|Types of Policy:||
|Renewal of the policy:||
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Key Features
- Two types of policies are available.
- Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy offers Personal Accident cover and reimbursement of Hospitalization Expenses.
- Personal Accident cover includes Death/Permanent Total Disability, Loss of Limb(s) and Permanent Partial Disability.
- Under Personal Accident cover, the disability must not be less than 40% in aggregate for becoming entitled to any claim.
- Under Section – I (Personal Accident cover), Company’s Total Liability in respect of all claims admitted during the policy period shall not exceed the Sum Insured.
- Under section – II (Hospitalization) Company’s Total Liability in respect of all claims admitted during the policy period shall not exceed the Sum Insured for each completed period of 12 months during the policy period.
- Discounts: Family Package Discount and Long Term Discount are available under Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy.
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Inclusions
Two sections are covered under Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy they are,
- Personal Accident Cover
- Reimbursement of Hospitalization expenses
1. Personal Accident Cover: Benefits applicable under Section – I (Personal Accident Cover) are,
- If there is death then the Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy will cover 100% of the sum insured.
- For loss of two limbs or two hands or two eyes or one hand and/or one foot and/or eye, 100% of the sum insured will be compensated.
- For Total Permanent Disablement, 100% of sum insured will be compensated.
- For 40% of disability in aggregate resulted in bodily injury as assessed by the attending physician then Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy will cover 40% or more than 40% of the total sum insured.
- For total and irrecoverable loss of the sight of one eye or loss of use of one hand or one foot, 50% of total sum insured will be compensated.
2. Reimbursement of Hospitalization expenses:
During the policy period or during the continuance of Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy by renewal any insured shall sustain any bodily injury resulting solely and directly from accident which would give rise to injury. Up on the advise of a duly qualified physician, policyholder shall require to incur hospitalization expenses for medical treatment at any hospital as an inpatient. In such case, company will Reimburse the amount of such expenses to the insured person.
For hospitalization claims the amount will be payable during 12 months/each policy period within the limit of sum insured is a maximum of 20% and during the policy period the unavailable sum will not be carried forward.
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Exclusions
Exclusions under Section – I:
- Compensation under more than one of sub clauses given in inclusions in respect of same injury/disablement.
- Death/disablement/injury of the insured from,
- Intentional self-injury.
- Suicide or attempted suicide.
- Abuse of intoxicant substance like drugs and alcohol is excluded.
- Directly / indirectly caused by insanity.
- Arising from the insured committing any breach of law with criminal intent.
- Illness arising directly or indirectly through HIV/AIDS.
- Death or disablement resulting from Venereal disease or insanity.
- Death or disability resulting from pregnancy or childbirth, etc.
- Committing any breach of law of the land with criminal intent.
- Whilst engaging in Aviation or whilst mounting into, dismounting from or travelling in any aircraft etc.
Exclusions applicable To Both Section – I and Section – II:
- Compensation arising out of War, civil war, revolution, invasion, act of foreign enemies, Nuclear energy, radiation, etc.,.
- Death or bodily injury arising out of ionising radiation or contamination by radio activity from any source whatsoever.
- Consequential loss of any kind or description.
- Any bodily injury to the Insured person due to confiscation, requisition or destruction by order of any government, public or local authority is excluded.
For more information about Exclusions refer Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy terms and conditions attached below.
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Other Benefits
- Cumulative Bonus: You are eligible for Cumulative Bonus (CB) of 5% of sum insured for every claim free year. Maximum CB would be 20% of sum insured.
- Carriage of Dead Body and Funeral Charges: Expenses incurred in the carriage of dead body of the Insured to his/her place of residence and funeral charges shall be reimbursed subject to maximum of 2% of the sum insured,or Rs 2500, whichever is less.
- Education Fund: In the event of death orPTD (Permanent Total Disablement) of the Insured due to accident, the Policy shall provide compensation towards education fund for the dependent children in addition to the sum Insured.
- For one dependant child below the age of 23 years on the date of accident, 10% of original Sum Insured subject to maximum of Rs.5,000 is payable.
- For more than one dependant child below the age of 23 years on the date of accident, 10% of original Sum Insured subject to maximum of.Rs.10,000/- is payable.
- Loss of Employment: In case of loss of employment due to PTD, 1% of the original sum insured become payable to the Insured Person in addition to the sum insured. This is applicable in case of individual policy holders only.
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Customer Care
For any grievance or complaint,
please write to – Mr. Masood Wahab,
Customer Service Department, Oriental House, A-25/27,
Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi-110002.
Contact details :
For all query, guidance use Toll free number: 1800 11 8485 Or 011- 33208485 (Normal Charges Apply )
For complaints/grievance related to insurance policy or claims: firstname.lastname@example.org
For complaints/grievance related to online insurance policy: email@example.com
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Buying Procedure
Documents and conditions required to buy Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy are,
- Proposal form/Application form is to be filled.
- Complete and Accurate information should be given by the Proposer.
- The company will not be on risk until the proposal has been accepted by the company and communication of the acceptance has been given to the proposer in writing on receiving full payment of premium.
- Proposal form along with address proof, photographs (if required by the Oriental Insurance Company) should be submitted to the company.
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Policy Claim Procedure
- Notice of claim should be given to the Company by Fax, Email with particulars relating to Policy Number, ID Card No., Name, Nature of disease etc.
- Claim form along with the medical certificate has to be submitted.
Documents to be submitted during claim:
- All the original documents like Discharge certificate/card from the Hospital.
- Bill, Receipt and Cash Memos from the Hospital/Chemist(s), supported by the proper prescription and duly attested by the insured person.
- In case of death claim, following documents should be submitted.
- A death certificate
- Original policy.
- Post Mortem Report.
- Legal heir certificate.
- FIR (First Information Report).
- Police Panchnama.
- Other forms as required by the company.
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Premium Calculator
You can calculate the premium using Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha premium calculator. Personal details, Policy period, Number of members, Age and Sum assured and other details are required to calculate the premium.
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha Premium Rates
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha premium rates are shown in below table,
Oriental Insurance Nagrik Suraksha FAQ’s
Give me the complete information about Family Package Discount?
A discount of 10% on the total premium will be allowed comprising the insured and any one or more of the following members of the insured’s family.
- Dependent Children
- Dependent Parents
Give me the information about Long Term Discount in terms of the policy?
Long Term Discount is applicable to Individual Policy only.
|Term of the Policy (Years)||Discount (%)|
Give me information about cancellation of the policy?
- Company may cancel the policy at any time, by sending the Insured 30 days notice by registered letter at the Insured’s last known address and in such an event the Company shall refund to the Insured a pro‐rata premium for un‐expired Period of Insurance.
- Insured may cancel this policy at any time and in such event the Company shall allow refund of premium at Company’s short period rate only (table given here below ) provided no claim has occurred during the policy period up to date of cancellation.
|Period on Risk||Rate of premium to be charged|
|Upto 1 Month||1/4th of the annual rate|
|Upto 3 Months||1/2 of the annual rate|
|Upto 6 Months||3/4th of the annual rate|
|Exceeding 6 months||Full annual rate|