Oriental Insurance-Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy Introduction
Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy protects an individual traveling abroad either for business purpose or for holidays in the event of illness, disease contracted or injury sustained during overseas travel but in the case of emergency and which is to be undertaken immediately. Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy covers every aspect of a good travel insurance policy. The Oriental insurance company limited travel insurance online can be used to buy insurance.
Oriental insurance-Overseas mediclaim business and holiday Review and key features
- Cashless settlement is provided through our Overseas Services Provider.
- It covers medical expenses both as inpatient as well as outpatient while in a foreign country.
- The sum insured available ranges from Rs.50000/- to Rs.500000/-
- Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy provides a special features for expenses incurred for medical treatment for illness, disease contracted or injury sustained during overseas travel and which is primarily in the nature of an emergency and which is necessary to be undertaken immediately.
- Policy Extension: Extension of the period of insurance is automatic for the period not exceeding 7 days, and without extra charge if necessitated by delay of public transport services beyond the control of the Insured Person.
- When injury/illness/ accident covered under this policy is contracted during policy period and treatment for the same commences during the period and continues beyond the expiry date of this policy, only emergency expenses would be paid up to 45 days from the date of expiry of the policy provided the insured person is medically incapable of travel.
- Coris: Coris International who provide emergency assistance and claims administration services. must be notified immediately as soon as it is known that insured person is unfit to return to India.
Oriental insurance-Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy Eligibility and Conditions
1. Indian Residents undertaking bona-fide trips abroad for:
- Business and official purposes
- Holiday purpose
2. Foreign Nationals working in India. This insurance is valid from the first day of insurance and expires on the last day of the number of days specified in the policy, or on return to India, whichever is earlier. In case of a frequent traveller abroad.
3.If any new illness/injury/accident is contracted beyond the expiry date of the policy, treatment for the same would not be covered.
Oriental insurance-Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy Covers
Medical Expenses, Evacuation and Repatriation:
- Medical costs incurred due to illness or accidents including medically necessary and prescribed emergency evacuation will be covered. Compensation for expenses related to funeral or repatriation of remains back to republic of India, in case of death overseas.
- Dental Expenses Covers expenses incurred for immediate relief of dental pain.
- Covers death or permanent total disability in case of any accidents.
Loss of checked baggage:
- This Cover compensates for permanent loss of checked-in-baggage.
Bounced Hotel Booking:
- In event of the Insured Person not getting hotel services which were booked on a confirmed basis with the supplier, the Insurance Company will cover reasonable cost of the transportation or up gradation to another hotel if required.
Loss of passport:
- In the event of Insured person losing their Passport during the trip, insurance will cover expenses incurred in obtaining a fresh or new passport.
- Covers damages to be paid to a third-party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property caused unintentionally by the insured
Delay of checked baggage:
- Delivery of Baggage that has been checked by an International Airline for an International outbound flight from the Republic of India.
Oriental insurance-Overseas mediclaim business and holiday Benefits
Oriental overseas travel insurance is available in two coverages $50,000 and $250,000 coverage.
|Plan I||Plan II||Deductible|
|Repatriation||Included in Medical Expenses||Included in Medical Expenses|
|Evacuation||Included in Medical Expenses||Included in Medical Expenses|
|Personal Accidental Death||10,000||25,000|
|Loss of Baggage (checked)||1000||1000|
|Delay of Baggage||100||100||12 hrs|
|Loss of Passport||150||250||25|
|Trip Cancellation / Curtailment||500||1000||100|
|Bounced Hotel Booking||500||1000||10%|
Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy-Oriental Insurance Claim Procedure
Firstly you have to call the company claim Assistance and made a claim,the documents that are required for making a claim are:
- Original Policy
- Claim form to be fully completed
- Original bills / vouchers
- Copy of airline ticket
- Copy of Passport
|Personal Accidental Death||
|Checked in Baggage Loss||
|Loss of Passport||
|Trip Cancellation curtailment||
Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy Cancellation
- Cancellation of the policy may be done ONLY in cases where a journey is not undertaken and ONLY on production of the Insured person’s PASSPORT as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken.
- Any request for cancellation will be entertained not less than 14 days after the First Day of Insurance as indicated in the policy schedule.
- Such cancellation will be subject to deduction of cancellation charges by the underwriters as applicable.
Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy-oriental insurance premium calculator
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and students have an option that you can calculate your premium with premium calculator for that you have to give your details:
- You have to opt for an option that you are visiting only asian countries other than Japan, do you wish to avail our Special Asian Countries Plan
- you have to give your Policy Plan details
- Purpose of Visit
- Countries to be visited and the duration of stay
Date of departure from India (First day of insurance):
- Means you have to enter the date of departure from India. Please note that Insurance begins when the flight departs from India.
Insurance required till :
- Enter the duration for which you need the policy. Please note that Insurance ends when the flight lands in India.
- you have to mention the number of days
Passport Number :
- Please enter the 8 digit passport number.
Date of Expiry of Passport:
- Please enter the expiry date on your Indian Passport.
- Then you can get your Sum Assured and Total premium
Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy-oriental insurance Exclusions and Inclusions
Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy Customer Care
Toll free number: 1800118485
Registered Office :
A-25/27, Asaf Ali Road,
New Delhi – 110002
Phone No’s :011-43659595
For any complaint,
please write to – Mr. Masood Wahab,
Customer Service Department, Oriental House, A-25/27,
Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi-110002.
Contact details :
For all query, guidance use our Toll free number:1800118485 Or 011- 33208485 (Normal Charges Apply )
For complaints/grievance related to insurance policy or claims:
For complaints/grievance related to online insurance policy:
Overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy FAQs
1.What is meant by permanent total disablement?
A.PERMANENT TOTAL DISABLEMENT means a condition wherein the insured person is permanently, totally and absolutely disabled from engaging in any employment or occupation of whatsoever description.
2.What is meant by checked baggage?
A.CHECKED BAGGAGE means the baggage handed over by the Insured Person and accepted by an International Airlines / carrier outside India for transportation in the same mode of conveyance as the Insured Person travels and for which the carrier has issued a baggage receipt.
3.What are the exclusions under overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy-oriental insurance?
A.No claim will be paid arising from War, invasion, acts of foreign enemy,Travelling against the advice of a Physician, No claim will be paid arising from suicide attempted suicide etc. For more information regarding Tax Benefits, visit www.taxqueries.in.