Oriental Insurance – Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and studies
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and students covers student travelling abroad for higher studies and an individual going to foreign destination for employment. Overseas mediclaim policy for employment mainly covers risk of illness or any disease or injury sustained in the foreign country and checked baggage including valuables in the form of computer, cameras, antiques, jewelry and articles made of stone and metals etc.
Oriental Insurance – Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and studies Review and features
- You can buy this Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and students for 1 year and later renew for another year.
- Cashless hospitalization.
- Cashless settlement is provided through our Overseas Services Provider.
- It covers medical expenses both as inpatient as well as outpatient while in a foreign country.
- The sum insured available ranges from Rs.50000/- to Rs.500000/-.
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and Studies Eligibility and Conditions
- Insured Age and Duration 16 to 40 years.
- Overseas mediclaim policy mainly suits to students.
- The minimum period of cover is 2 months, and maximum is 12 months. If necessary, the policy can be renewed.
- The sum insured is US$ 75,000. The premium has to be paid in US dollars, irrespective of the country of visit.
- Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and students can be taken for minimum of two months and maximum of twelve months.
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and Studies Policy Covers
Medical Expenses and Repatriation / Evacuation:
- Medical costs incurred due to illness or accidents including medically necessary and prescribed emergency evacuation will be covered. Compensation for expenses related to funeral or repatriation of remains back to republic of India, in case of death overseas.
- Covers expenses incurred for immediate relief of dental pain.
Personal Accidental Death:
- Covers death or permanent total disability in case of any accidents.
Checked in Baggage Loss:
- Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and students Cover compensates for permanent loss of checked-in-baggage.
Loss of Passport:
- In the event of Insured person losing their Passport during the trip, insurance will cover expenses incurred in obtaining a fresh or new passport.
- Covers damages to be paid to a third-party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property caused unintentionally by the insured.
- If the Insured Persons education abroad has been interrupted on account of a medical condition, the company will reimburse the current semester fee already paid.
- In case the sponsor, who is taking care of the Insured Person tuition fees is injured resulting in his demise, the Company will reimburse the tuition fees.
- The company will reimburse an immediate family member to visit you or for you to visit your family member in case of hospitalization extending to more than seven consecutive days.
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and Studies Benefits
|Benefits per policy period||Plan 1||Plan 2||Plan 3||Plan 4||Plan 5||Deductible|
|Medical Expenses and Repatriation / Evacuation.||Nil||50,000||100,000||250,000||500,000||100|
|Personal Accidental Death||25,000||25,000||25,000||25,000||25,000|
|Checked in Baggage Loss||1000||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|Loss of Passport||200||200||200||200||200||50|
|Study interruption/sponsor protection||20000||20000||20000||20000||20000|
For more information regarding Tax Benefits, visit www.taxqueries.in.
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and Studies
Firstly you have to call the company claim Assistance and made a claim,the documents that are required for making a claim are:
- Original Policy
- Claim form to be fully completed
- Original bills / vouchers
- Copy of airline ticket
- Copy of Passport
Documents Required for claim process:
|Personal Accidental Death||
|Checked in Baggage Loss||
|Loss of Passport||
|Study interruption/sponsor protection||
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and Studies Cancellation process
- Cancellation of the policy may be done ONLY in cases where a journey is not undertaken and ONLY on production of the Insured person’s PASSPORT as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken.
- Any request for cancellation will be entertained not less than 14 days after the First Day of Insurance as indicated in the policy schedule.
- Such cancellation will be subject to deduction of cancellation charges by the underwriters as applicable.
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and Studies Premium Calculator
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and students have an option that you can calculate your premium with premium calculator for that you have to give your details:
- You have to opt for an option that you are visiting only asian countries other than Japan, do you wish to avail our Special Asian Countries Plan
- you have to give your Policy Plan details
- Purpose of Visit
- Countries to be visited and the duration of stay
Date of departure from India (First day of insurance):
- Means you have to enter the date of departure from India. Please note that Insurance begins when the flight departs from India.
Insurance required till :
- Enter the duration for which you need the policy. Please note that Insurance ends when the flight lands in India.
- you have to mention the number of days
Passport Number :
- Please enter the 8 digit passport number.
Date of Expiry of Passport:
- Please enter the expiry date on your Indian Passport.
- Then you can get your Sum Assured and Total premium
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and Studies Exclusions and Inclusions
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and Studies Customer Care
Toll free number: 1800118485
Registered Office :
A-25/27, Asaf Ali Road,
New Delhi – 110002
Phone No’s :011-43659595
For any complaint,
please write to – Mr. Masood Wahab,
Customer Service Department, Oriental House, A-25/27,
Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi-110002.
Contact details :
For all query, guidance use our Toll free number:1800118485 Or 011- 33208485 (Normal Charges Apply )
For complaints/grievance related to insurance policy or claims:
For complaints/grievance related to online insurance policy:
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and Studies FAQs
1.What are the exclusions under overseas mediclaim business and holiday policy-oriental insurance?
A.No claim will be paid arising from War, invasion, acts of foreign enemy,Travelling against the advice of a Physician,No claim will be paid arising from suicide attempted suicide etc.
2.How we can cancel the policy?
A.Cancellation of the policy may be done ONLY in cases where a journey is not undertaken and ONLY on production of the Insured person’s PASSPORT as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken.
3.What are the documents required for the claim procedure?
A.Original Policy,Claim form to be fully completed, Original bills / vouchers,Copy of airline ticket and Copy of Passport.
Overseas mediclaim policy for employment and Studies Documents and Forms
oriental insurance overseas mediclaim policy for employment and studies claim form