- 1 Senior citizen travel insurance Overseas-Reliance
- 2 Reliance Senior citizen travel insurance Introduction
- 3 Reliance Senior citizen travel insurance key Features
- 4 Annual Multi Travel insurance Benefits
- 5 Reliance Senior citizen travel insurance plan details
- 6 Reliance senior citizen travel insurance claim procedure
- 7 Details that needs to be furnished by you while intimating a claim:
- 8 Reliance Senior Citizen Plan Important points to remember
- 9 Medical Sickness/Accident:
- 10 Loss of passport:
- 11 Baggage Delay/Loss:
- 12 Trip Delay/ Cancellation/ interruption/ missed connection:
- 13 Financial Emergency/Bail bond:
- 14 Personal Liability:
- 15 Reliance Senior Citizen travel insurance policy Exclusions and Inclusions
- 16 Reliance Senior Citizen travel insurance customer care
- 17 Reliance Senior Citizen travel insurance FAQs
- 18 Travel insurance Documents
- 19 About Reliance Overseas Travel Policy
- 20 About Reliance Student Travel Policy
- 21 About Reliance Annual Multi Trip Travel policy
Senior citizen travel insurance Overseas-Reliance
Reliance Senior citizen travel insurance Introduction
Reliance senior citizen travel insurance may act like a lifeline in the hour of need. It would provide the insured with sufficient financial assistance so that he/she could avail best possible medical treatment in event of an emergency. Reliance general insurance companies provides a best benefits under cheap travel insurance for senior citizens.
Many people, irrespective of what age-group they belong to, love travelling. In fact, it has been observed that many people plan a foreign trip post their retirement either for a vacation or visiting a family member. While there is no restriction or rule of cherishing a foreign trip because of old age, one thing that should not be ignored is travel insurance. As many would agree that older people are more exposed to medical emergency like situations, it is very more important that while they are planning a foreign trip, they should not forget to buy senior travel insurance because Medical costs abroad are really high. Hence it is important that our senior citizens must avail travel insurance to protect themselves from unexpected illness or accidents.
Reliance senior citizen travel insurance Policy for Senior Citizens gives you comprehensive travel insurance by providing you cover for medical and non medical expenses that may arise during your trip abroad.
- Overseas Travel Care Senior Citizen Insurance Policy is for the age of 61-70 years years.
- Anyone who is travelling is exposed to some or the other kind of risks. In case of senior citizens the risks are higher and probability of occurrences of these risks is more. Therefore, when on a foreign trip, a senior citizen must have travel insurance.
Reliance Senior citizen travel insurance key Features
- Reliance senior citizen travel insurance is specially designed for senior citizens in the age group 61-70 years.
- Maximum Coverage with Minimal paper work.
- Senior citizen travel plan is a comprehensive coverage through various unique benefits like Compassionate Visit, Home Burglary Insurance, Financial Emergency Assistance etc.
- Coverage of pre-existing disease in case of life threatening situations.
- Facilities like hospitalization, cover for expenses due to loss of passport, loss of checked-in baggage, delayed and cancelled trips.
Annual Multi Travel insurance Benefits
|Table of Benefit||Percentage of Sum Insured as per Schedule|
|2. Total and irrecoverable loss ofi) Sight of both eyes or of the actual loss by physical separation of the two entire hands or two entire feet or one entire hand and one entire foot or of such loss of sight of one eye and such loss of one entire hand or one entire foot.ii) Use of two hands or of two feet or of one hand and one foot or of such loss of sight of one eye and such loss of use of one hand or one foot.||100%100%|
|3. Total and irrecoverable loss ofi) The sight of one eye or the actual loss by physical separation of one entire hand or one entire foot.ii) Use of a hand or a foot without physical separation||50%50%|
|For the purpose of items 2 and 3 above, this shall mean separation at or above wrist and/or of the foot at or above ankle, respectively.|
|Total and irrecoverable loss of various parts as given below:|
|4. Loss or Inability to function of (with the respective% of CSI)|
|a. An arm at the shoulder joint||70%|
|b. An arm to a point above the elbow joint||65%|
|c. An arm below the elbow joint||60%|
|d. A hand at the wrist||55%|
|e. A thumb||20%|
|f. An index finger||10%|
|g. Any other finger||5%|
|h. A leg above the center of the femur||70%|
|i. A leg up to a joint below the femur||65%|
|j. A leg to a point below the knee||50%|
|k. A leg up to the center of the tibia||45%|
|I. A foot at the ankle||40%|
|m. A big toe||5%|
|n. Some other toe||2%|
|o. An eye||50%|
|p. Hearing in one ear||30%|
|q. Sense of smell||10%|
|r. Sense of taste||5%|
|Any other permanent partial disablement – Percentage as assessed by a panel doctor|
|5. Permanent total and absolute disablement disabling the Insured / Insured Person from engaging in any employment or occupation of any description whatsoever.||100%|
Senior citizen travel insurance policy cover
Some of the basic things covered under reliance senior citizen travel insurance are:
Loss of passport and/or checked-in luggage,
|Medical Expenses including transportation and evacuation||
|Accidental Death – Common Carrier||
|Loss of passport||
|Total loss of checked-in baggage||
|Trip Cancelation & Interruption||
|Financial Emergency Assistance||
|Home Burglary Insurance||
|Hijack Distress Allowance||
Reliance Senior citizen travel insurance plan details
|Coverage||Reliance Age Standard
( In Us $)
|Reliance Age Silver
( In Us $)
|Reliance Age Gold
( In Us $)
|Reliance Age Platinum
( In Us $)
( In Us $)
|Medical Expenses Including Transportation & Evacuation||50,000||100,000||250,000||500,000||50|
|Dental Care Expenses||500||500||500||500||50|
|Loss of Passport||300||300||300||300||25|
|Total Loss of Checked baggage*||500||1000||1200||1500||100|
|Delay of Checked Baggage||100||100||100||100||12 Hours|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment- Common Carrier||2,500||2,500||5,000||5,000||nil|
|Daily Allowance in case of Hospitalisation||25 per day ( 5 days max)||25 per day ( 6 days max)||25 per day ( 7 days max)||2 days|
|Financial Emergency Assistance||300||300||300||nil|
|Hijack Distress Allowance||50 per day (7 days max)||75 per day (7 days max)||125 per day (7 days max)||12 Hours|
|Trip Delay||25 per day (6 days max)||50 per day (6 days max)||60 per day (6 days max)||12 hours|
|Trip Cancellation & Interruption||600||600||600||nil|
|Compassionate visit||Compassionate visit||Return Fare for any one accompanying person – spouse / child / family doctor||Return Fare for any one accompanying person – spouse / child / family doctor||Return Fare for any one accompanying person – spouse / child / family doctor|
|Home Burglary Insurance (Amount in Indian Rs)||Rs. 1,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 3,00,000|
|Special conditions (limit of liability)|
|Any One Illness||12000||13500||15000||17500|
Reliance senior citizen travel insurance claim procedure
Details that needs to be furnished by you while intimating a claim:
- Your contact numbers
- Policy number
- Name of Insured person who is injured
- Date & time of accident
- Location of loss
- Brief description on how the accident took place
- Extent of loss
- Place & contact details of the Insured Person.
|Medical Accident &Sickness Expenses(Outside India)||
|Loss of Baggage||
|Delay of Baggage||
For Delay of baggage you need claim form C
|Trip Delay/ Cancellation/interruption/ missed connection||
For Trip delay you need claim form C
|Loss of Passport||
For Loss of passport you need claim form C
For Personal Liability you need claim form B
For Hijack you need claim form C
|Accidental Death &Dismemberment||
For Accidental Death &Dismemberment you need claim form C
|Financial Emergency Assistance||
For Compassionate visit you need claim form C
Reliance Senior Citizen Plan Important points to remember
Please notify your Senior Citizen Insurance Plan claim at Europ Assistance call centre as soon as possible. In case you are not in a position to notify your claim, you may please take help of your relatives, friends, colleagues who can notify your claim on your behalf.
- Notify Police authorities in case of Road Traffic accident.
- Please collect all bills and receipt and medical papers in original from Doctors, hospitals and other medical establishments.
- Please get your claim form duly filled in and signed by the attending physician.
Loss of passport:
- Notify Police authorities immediately.
- Please contact Indian Embassy for duplicate passport. You may take help of ISOS to locate Indian Embassy as well as know the formalities of obtaining duplicate passport.
- Intimate immediately about your loss to airlines.
- Please obtain PIR report from the Airlines authority.
- Please collect details of compensation received from airlines in case of baggage loss.
Trip Delay/ Cancellation/ interruption/ missed connection:
- Please collect Airlines correspondence certifying the cause of delay/cancellation.
Financial Emergency/Bail bond:
- Please notify Police authorities immediately.
- Please contact our service provider immediately.
- Please contact Indian emergency if required.
- Do not commit any benefit/compensation or enter into any agreement.
Reliance Senior Citizen travel insurance policy Exclusions and Inclusions
|Reliance general insurance strive to give you the best during your journey and stay, there are certain expenses which will be covered. they are:
||Reliance general insurance strive to give you the best during your journey and stay, there are certain expenses which will not be covered. they are:
Reliance Senior Citizen travel insurance customer care
Annual Multi Travel insurance Customer Care
Toll Free: 1800 3009
Claims Landline: +91 22 6734 7843
Claims Landline: +91 22 6734 7844
Reliance Senior Citizen travel insurance FAQs
1.What is the paperwork in need for buying a travel policy?
A.To take a travel insurance policy through us all you have to do is submit a duly filled proposal form along with the premium cheque. Only in the case where a senior citizen between ages 60-70 years plans to take an insurance policy will we require him to undergo a medical test and submit the medical report.
2.In which countries are the International travel policies recognized / accepted?
A.The travel policies are recognized and accepted all over the globe. For your assistance we have International presence through the service provider. However Reliance general Insurance has special travel insurance plans depending on where you are travelling.
3.Will the Policy cover the expenses towards new passport incurred in India?
A.The Policy would pay the necessary expenses incurred in obtaining a duplicate or fresh passport after coming to India. However this will be up to the maximum sum insured mentioned in your policy.
4.How am I covered in case I meet with an accident and suffer injuries / any loss?
A.The travel policy covers will compensate you for any unfortunate outcomes/ losses of an accident that takes place during your travel. This compensation is different for various losses and is limited to the sum insured as mentioned in the plan. For e.g. in a case where the insured loses his arm, the compensation will be 70% of the sum insured. To understand the benefits.
5.If I suffer any loss while travelling by railway/ ship in a foreign country does my International travel policy help me in any way?
A.Our Travel Insurance Policy covers you up to the maximum amount mentioned in your policy as long as you are travelling in/ by an IATA certified carrier.