- 1 SBI General Travel Insurance Policy
- 2 SBI Travel Insurance Policy Introduction
- 3 Sbi Travel Insurance policy Eligibility and Conditions
- 4 Eligibility age for SBI Travel Insurance Policy:
- 5 SBI Travel Insurance policy Period of insurance:
- 6 SBI Travel Insurance policy Reviews,Key Features and benefits
- 7 Emergency Medical Evacuation:
- 8 Medical Repatriation :
- 9 Personal Accident:
- 10 Personal Liability:
- 11 SBI Travel Insurance Claim procedure
- 12 SBI Travel Insurance policy Deductibles
- 13 SBI Travel Insurance Inclusions and Exclusions
- 14 SBI Travel Insurance policy Documents
- 15 SBI Travel Insurance FAQs
- 16 SBI Travel Insurance Customer care Number
SBI General Travel Insurance Policy
SBI Travel Insurance Policy Introduction
SBI Travel Insurance policy is the best plan for the people who are travel alone, with family or business associates.You would certainly want your trip abroad to be as per your plan. Despite all that careful planning, there may be unforeseen events beyond your control. Travel in peace anywhere in the world with SBI General Travel Insurance Policy.This may take your peace of mind and put you completely out of control.
SBI Travel Insurance policy (Business and Holiday) provides comprehensive cover for you and your family when you are to travel often and widely. SBI Travel Insurance policy covers you against medical and other financial emergencies during your trip abroad and help restore your peace and be in control of the situation.
SBI Travel insurance policy is not only for individual and family,it is also for the Students.SBI Student Travel Insurance gives a better quote for the student who are willing to study in aboard without any worries.
So SBI General Travel Insurance policy makes you feel comfort in abroad.
Sbi Travel Insurance policy Eligibility and Conditions
Eligibility age for SBI Travel Insurance Policy:
- The age limit is 6 months to 70 years.
- Indian Residents undertaking bonafide trips abroad for: a) business and official purposes, b) holiday purpose
- Foreign Nationals working in India.
SBI Travel Insurance policy Period of insurance:
a) Single Trip:- Policy can be issued for minimum 1 day up to a maximum of 180 days duration.
b) Multi Trip:- Policy will be issued only for one year and not for any duration shorter or longer than one year.
SBI Travel Insurance policy Conditions:
Family means members listed below travelling on same trip:
- Your legally married spouse as long as she/he continues to be married to You;
- Your legal and dependent children;
- Your legal and dependent parents and parents in law.
Family Floater limit means the Limit of cover under SBI Travel Insurance policy which is available in aggregate not separately for all members of family who are specified as insured persons in policy schedule and which can be used by all or any of them.
Family Floater Discount Table
|Age of the Oldest Member (0-40 Years)|
|Age of the Oldest Member (41-60 Years)|
|Age of the Oldest Member (61-70 Years)|
Group Discount Table:
|Group Size||Group Discount|
SBI Travel Insurance policy Reviews,Key Features and benefits
- SBI Travel Insurance policy has benefit that it gives a Medical cover upto USD 0.5 million.
- No medical examination
- SBI general Travel Insurance policy is a Comprehensive coverage
- Worldwide protection & round the clock assistance
- Fair, transparent & quick cashless claim settlement.
SBI Travel Insurance Policy Cover
SBI General Travel Insurance is one of the most comprehensive policies in the industry. SBI Travel insurance policy covers expenses incurred for medical treatment of illness, disease contracted or injury sustained during an overseas travel and which is primarily in the nature of an emergency and necessary to be undertaken immediately along with other related coverages.
Emergency Medical Evacuation:
- Means arrangement for transportation required to move an insured to the nearest hospital .
Medical Repatriation :
- Means arrangement for transportation required to move an insured to his/her country of residence following an emergency.
- Compensation paid in case of death or permanent total disability caused due to an accident.
- Compensation of damages to be paid to a third party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property caused involuntarily by the insured.
Travel support (loss of passport, Golfer’s Hole-In-One, Home Burglary Insurance, Loss of Checked Baggage, Trip Cancellation, Trip Curtailment, Missed Connection, Delay of Checked Baggage, Hijack Cover, Trip Delay, Hospitalisation Daily Allowance, Bail Bond and Emergency Cash Advance).
SBI Travel Insurance Claim procedure
SBI General Insurance company had a dedicated and experienced claims team aim to deliver you a differentiated customer service of a fast, fair, convenient and transparent claims process for the management and settlement of your claim.
At SBI General insurance company main philosophy is to always look for ways to pay valid claims in a fair and timely manner. SBI Travel Insurance policy claim service will:
- Provide assistance in emergency situations
- Relieve the stress of a claim by co-ordinating repair and replacement of your assets
- Keep you informed of the progress of your claim
- Provide you with the choice of accessing our preferred local service providers.
|Section||Coverages||Benefits (in US $)||Deductible|
|A||Medical Expenses including Evacuation & Repatriation||50,000 to 5,00,000||US $ 100|
|A-i||Personal Accident||10% of Limit of cover under Section (A) subject to maximum 25,000||Nil|
|1. Loss of Passport||2000 on Floater basis||5% of claim amount|
|2. Golfer’s Hole-In-One||5% of claim amount|
|3. Home Burglary Insurance||5% of claim amount|
|4. Loss of Checked Baggage||5% of claim amount|
|5. Trip Cancellation||5% of claim amount|
|6. Trip Curtailment||5% of claim amount|
|7. Missed Connection||5% of claim amount|
|8. Delay of Checked Baggage (Baggage delay payment at the rate of US $ 200 per 12 hrs)||First 12 hrs|
|9. Hijack Cover (Hijack Cover at the rate of US $ 200 per 24 hrs)||First 24 Hrs|
|10. Trip Delay (Trip Delay at the rate of US $ 200 per 12 hrs)||First 12 hrs|
|11. Hospitalisation Daily Allowance
(cash at the rate of US $ 50 per day)
|First one day|
|12. Bail Bond||Not Applicable|
|13. Emergency Cash Advance||Not Applicable|
|B||Personal Liability||50% of the Limit of cover under Section ( A ) or 2,00,000, whichever is lower.||US $ 100|
SBI Travel Insurance policy Deductibles
Deductible also referred to as excess is the portion of any claim; as a period of time for which the company will not pay any benefit or as a percentage of the sum insured or a fixed amount that is not covered by the sbi travel insurance policy. It is mutually agreed and is mentioned in the policy schedule to the Insurance Policy.
A deductible is important as makes the insured a co-owner of the policy by taking up a certain portion of the loss himself/ herself.
SBI Travel Insurance Inclusions and Exclusions
|The Sbi travel insurance shall be liable topay any benefit to the Insured caused due to:
||The Sbi travel insurance policy shall not be liable to pay any benefit to the Insured caused due to:The Company shall not be liable to pay under the Policy for the following:
SBI Travel Insurance policy Documents
SBI Travel Insurance FAQs
1.How to extend the policy duration?
A.With prior approval of the Insurer and on payment of extra premium: Extension in Policy duration is only permissible in single trip insurance for a maximum 180 days subject to the condition that total Policy duration after extension shall not be more than 270 days.
The premium for extension of Policy duration will be difference of full extended period premium minus premium received till date.
Automatic extension:-This extension is over and above extension of the Policy duration after prior approval for a period not exceeding 7 days if necessitated by delay of public transport services beyond the control of the Insured person. This automatic extension will be free of any charge.
2.Where should i call for claims assistance when I am abroad?
You can call to our partner –
AXA Assistance India Private Limited
403 B-404, Copia Tower
Jasola District Center, New Delhi 110025, India
Dedicated International toll free numbers for US & Canada.
844-691-8882 – Canada
844-691-8884 – US
For Rest of the world :
SBI dedicated Hotline – +91 11 45735511 (Call Back Facility) Reverse call back.
Alarm Centre FAX – +91 11 45070617
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Email – email@example.com
3.When do I need Travel Insurance? What is the benefit of taking a travel insurance policy?
International Travel Insurance is a type of insurance that provides you medical, financial and other assistance in case of any emergency or untoward circumstances while traveling outside the country.
While you are traveling and in case you are hospitalised, or you need any kind of medical aid; examination by a physician, therapies or diagnostic tests, this cover will assist you through cashless service or reimburse the expenses up to the maximum amount mentioned in your policy.
4.What will happen if my baggage does not clear in time?will my policy help me in any way?
This insurance will pay US $ 200 for every 12 hours in excess of first 12 hours up to the limit of cover shown in the Schedule for necessary emergency purchase of replacement items in the event that the Insured person suffers a delay of more than 12 hours from the scheduled arrival time at the destination for delivery of baggage that has been checked by an International Airline for an International outbound flight from the Republic of India.
5.What are the sum insured options available under the plan?
If I hire a car when travelling and meet with an accident,will the policy cover me?
The policy has a personal liability cover that protects your liability under incidents that result in death, injury, damage to health or damage to the property of a third party. Also, you have the personal accident cover to take care of your hospitalisation expenses in case of any accidental injury.
- For Medical Expenses including Evaluation & Repatriation – US $50,000 to US $5,00,000
- For Personal Accident – 10% of Limit of cover under Section ( A ) subject to maximum US $25,000
- For Travel Support – US $2000 on Floater basis
- Personal Liability – 50% of the Limit of cover under Section ( A ) or US $ 2,00,000, whichever is lower.
SBI Travel Insurance Customer care Number
Toll Free : 1800 22 1111 /
1800 102 1111
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org